Thread: Really heavy weak feeling in the legs

Really heavy weak feeling in the legs

Hi can any one help me with this, my legs feel so achy and weak to stand on, not like when you are well and go to the gym! This is awful, i do notice it is worse premenstrally. I am low in iron and ferritin? Earlier on at the sink i thought i was going to drop with the feeling in them. What is this can someone explain i also was diagnosed with m.e in 1999, but this symptoms is different? is it anxiety. (jelly legs)

Re: Really heavy weak feeling in the legs

I recently had this and i was told i could be low in B Vitamins. I was sent for a blood test that i accidently lost so never got checked.
    I was standing in Sainsburys and my legs felt like sacks of spuds, all wobbly and generally tired feeling.
    Lately i've had the same feeling in my left arm too!

Sarah

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

I have had this for the last few weeks and have been really worried about it. sometimes i feel its hard to put one foot in front of the other when i am walking and i am all wobbly. I think people will think I am drunk (i'm not) cos I cant walk in a straight line. if anyone has any advice please let me know.

I have it on a daily basis.. My legs are freaky and what is so bad I have been strongest in my legs all my life now they go to jelly many times and feel like im wearing concrete ..I know exactly what you are feeling and think that you will find that most all of us do..Its pretty nomal..just keep going..and I have to tell myself that everyday...

Hi

I have been getting a heavy sort of sensation in my feet and lower legs now for a few weeks. It's really horrible and very worrying.

It was suggested to me that it could be a Vitamin B deficiency, so I have bought some suppliments. They haven't made any difference yet, but its probabally too soon to tell.

Regards,
    Dave
    Last edited by djm; 04-04-07 at 12:29.

sometimes when you feel heavy in the legs, it can be a sign of something more serious like clogged arteries. You should be checked out by a cardiologist.

I get this too - now I'm worried i have dodgy arteries!! :-)

Pleas dont fret or google, it is not a blocked artery. I had jelly legs for a little while to and until I realized that they werent going to fail me and let me drop I would have it everyday. Usually when I got nervous. It does go away. I know its scary because no one wants to fall or faint. Remember to keep moving no matter what. Take care.

hi
    I too have this perticular problem with my legs, this also becomes more troublesome pre-menstrual.

I have put it down to anxiety as the test performed on my heart have come back ok and when my bloods have been checked they were also fine.

I have tried to accept this is me and I cant do much about my upside down body.

Jxx

Anyone got a remedy for Jelly/heavy legs yet?

Mine never seem to want to leave the house.

Thread Information