Thread: 4th day with nausea and about to google even though i know its a bad idea, losing it

4th day with nausea and about to google even though i know its a bad idea, losing it

I can't take it anymore! I can't figure out what this nausea is and it is driving me mad!

I think its ovarian cancer:(

I can't eat, try to force drinking but can only drink water. I just wanna cry all the time I have an appointment on friday with the gynecologist but i don't know if i can make it till then

I'm scared of it being ovarian cancer but at the same time i can't keep my mind off the swine flu either. Its all around me.

I'm seriously driving myself CRAZY, i feel like i'm about to lose it.

I keep thinking that this will be my last post and tomorrow someone will be trying to explain to my 5yr old why mommy isn't here anymore

I REALLY CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE!

ITS TOO MUCH

Re: 4th day with nausea and about to google even though i know its a bad idea, losing it

You know what - I have been in the SAME exact boat - only I have been obsessing over colon cancer. You know, I don't even know how it started anymore - I just do it. I have actually throw up in the AM - right after I get up and start thinking too much! Which throws me into a tail spin as this is a sign of colon cancer (and the truth is, it is just my mind taking over and anxiety hitting).

So listen - today I broke down and took a Xanax pill - which my GP has prescribed to me to help me through the rough patches. I really try not to take them unless I really have to. I just couldn't take it anymore, I need a couple of days of peace to let me system rest....and you know what, so far my stomach has not been bothering me and I am actually going to eat some breakfast!

Are you taken any medication for the anxiety??? It really does take the edge off and make the days much more bearable.

Re: 4th day with nausea and about to google even though i know its a bad idea, losing it

I am completely new to 'no more panic'. I registered with the intention of starting a thread for my own symptoms and fears, having suffered health anxiety for years. Before I start a thread, I thought I'd just take a look at what other people are going through and that's when I stumbled on you, panicagain. I am so sorry you are going through this. I know exactly how you feel as I go through it so often myself. I have wasted most of the day so far on google and my fears are at an all time high. This time could've been spent with my 4 gorgeous little children who are having to watch tv, play on consoles etc all because I NEED to know why I am in so much pain today (and subsequently cried every since because I am now convinced it is life threatening).

I too have the thoughts that someone will have to tell my children. Or that I have cancer and only a short time left so I picture myself telling my children and looking at their little faces. This health anxiety is horrible and I just hope you manage to avoid google (if you're anything like me though you will struggle). I wish you all the luck in dealing with the worst illness you probably have which is more than likely Health Anxiety xx

Hello panicagain,

I am really sorry you are suffering so much anguish. I know the feeling well; once we latch on to an idea it becomes impossible to shift it; the anxiety steadily increases, and it becomes very difficult to stand back from the situation and to see rationally.

There are so many benign conditions your nausea could be attributed to, and it is most likely nothing more than some bug which is doing the rounds - even your anxiety can make you feel sick.

I know you dread you have ovarian cancer, and until you see your gynaecologist tomorrow, I know it will be very difficult for you to shift this thought. Before you know it, tomorrow will be here and gone, and I am certain your mind will be put at ease. Until then try your best to hang on to some rational thoughts; nausea can be caused by so many reasons, non of which are life threatening, and also ovarian cancer isn't a common cancer - I do understand how you are feeling and how hard it is to find reason. Wishing you all the best - let us know how you get on tomorrow. xxx

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragment I'm still a mess,,,my hubby wants me to get drunk and pass out so i can get a break. I'm not totally into that but it sure is tempting. That is what i need, i need to be numb for a day. Its a good thing i'm not suicidal cuz i woulda taken care of that long ago but i'm way to scared of dying to do anything I have thought it might be easier to be suicidal than to be this afraid of death

I know i need to try to think clearer and get better for my girls, thats what everyone tells me, they say "you have 2 girls that need you, calm down and take care of them". Calm down ? Wish i woulda thought of that
    Really i know their trying to help but if i could calm down i would, i know y'all have probably been told something similar at one time or another, seems people don't really know what to say so thats what they come up with.

I Really wanna stay at home and never go out again. It wouldn't take much for me to be agoraphobic,,,i fight it all the time, especially now that the swine flu is all around i just wanna stay away from everyone and order my food on the internet but i know its not the right thing to do.

UGHHHHHH Life Is Hard!!!

oh and to answer your question, no i'm not on meds for anxiety,,,i probably should be but thats another thing i'm terrified of

Can i just say for what its worth.......thinking you have ovarian cancer is not a symptom of having it

Lisa
    xxxx

Thread Information