Page 101 of 138 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1377

Thread: Citalopram side effects?

Re: Citalopram side effects?

Hi everyone,

I'm from Mexico but Im stuyding a PhD in UK. I'm about to start my third year. The problems started when I awoke some weeks ago with the sense that I was not breathing enough air, I got a panic attac and from there I have had other two and I find myself trying to controll my breathing all the time, so I can't sleep I'm anxius, with nauseas and very, very low mood. My GP suggested Citopram 20mg and I'm scared just to think that If I take it, at least for some weeks I could fall even deeper. And in the top of it, Citopram has lactose and Im lacto intolerant, but the GP told me to give it a try. I still do not know what to do.

What to do when you awake at 2am anxius and trying to controll your fears?

hi there i have had bad anxiety and depression for about 10 years now ( started when i was 21) had some sought of breack down but got over it with out meds instead had a glass of wine every time i had one witch badly took it away !! so have been drinking alot more than usual ever since .... how ever 5 weeks ago my stepdad who was like my best friend suddenly died at 53 he was a heavy drinker ,, and my anxiety is back with a vengance doctor told me it is again some sort of breack down i have two children 12 , 6 and have been so bad i decided to give cit a go .. i started on 20 mg also 5mg diaz to sleep after 5 days did not need the diaz but the cit was makeing me so sleepy nearly missed picking the kids up !!!!! so i decided to half the dose 10 mg and fealt great !!!! after 10 days no side affects or nothing so stupidly decided to go out with friends and got very drunk arghhhhhh ,,, have now had worst side affects ever horrible thoughts cant sleep back on diaz thinking im going mad and never gonna get better went back to doctor who told me not to worry ive had a relapse and i should persist with tablets its 3 weeks 2 days now the last two night i have not needed diax ( thank god ) had a good day yesterday but anxious and crap today !!!! just dont understand this !! my partner is no help dose not understand and to be honest has proberly helped me beinh like this just wanted to no if any one felt good at first then had a relapse like me ?? should i carry on or throw the towel inim going out of my mind here help xxxxxxx

Day 6 for me on 20mg Citalopram. Heightened anxiety (but that could just be me worrying about the new meds!), drowsiness and couldn't sleep Monday night. Managed to sleep last night though. I will stick with it, but its hard when you suffer from anxiety, as you worry about every single thing! Cannot wait til the Citalopram starts to work, I want to feel a bit more human again.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

I have been on these tablets for 16 months for PMS and have had enough, i started on 20mg then was increased to 30mg. I felt no real difference on the 20mg with the exception of sleeping more....30mg forget i couldnot function at work......over time i feel like my head is a complete mush, i lack concentration and forget the simplest of tasks......i am now not taking them and am going cold turkey...have been now for 2 weeks.......i have had some real downer moments but keep telling myself to pull myself together and get on with it.....i am also getting some peculiar tingling in my finger tips and my tongue....but am going to keep it going as i feel that despite this i have a new lease of life.....i am sure the doctor will be horrified i have come off them when i get round telling him but i am sick of simply being given another prescription and told to go on my way..........

Hi- I've just joined this forum and have already found it very useful. I'd thought I was the only one experiencing these symptoms!

I've only been taking the pills for a week so some way to go yet. One question: how long might the effect on my sex drive last? Hope it's not for the duration for my partner's sake. And mine of course!

Thanks.

Smile Re: Citalopram side effects?

Hi, Im just back from my doc who is fab. He has prescribed Citalopram for me today for the second time and has warned me about these side effects in the early days. He told me to take 10 mgs instead of the prescribed 20 mgs for a week or so and assured me the effects will settle and I will feel a lot better. I have rheumatoid arthritis too and am in a loop of pain and depression, one feeding the other. I trust my doc implicitly and am going to give it a shot.

Hi There, I have been taking 10mg of Citalopram for 7 weeks now and found them to be great after the first two weeks. However in the last 12 days i have been suffering from what i think is a slight allergic reaction. All i can explain it as is similar to prickly heat where i get a sudden stabbing itch like u get when u have had your hair cut and it gets in your clothes. This is followed by goose pimples in the area and in my legs. Sorry if this does not explain it very well but i was wondering if anyone had experienced a similar thing. Thanks xx

Hi everyone
    I have just joined this site 5 minutes ago, I have suffered with severe anxiety for years (I'm 31) I have a great partner and a wonderfull little girl, we're happy and content, so I have never understood why I suffer with Anxiety, I have been through a lot of stress and trauma in my past so wonder wheter thie is the after -effects?
    Anyhow I have been on citalopram before 20mg, yes it is true that for the 1st few days you feel panicky, shaky, scared, sick, anxious ......all of these symptoms sound alarming to someone more so with anxiety already, but trust me, it does ease within a week. I woke every night with my pyjama top soaking in sweat, I also had very vivid dreams, but after 1 -2 weeks this all settles down. I was on the tablets for around 12 motnhs, there not wonder pills that make you 'happy', they simply make you feel normal again, more able to cope. I chose to come off them myself as i felt i no longer needed them, the doctors suggest coming off them gradually and in the summer time, as winter is a time when the blues set in for people anyway.
    Unfortunately 3 years down the line I have been suffering anxiety like I have never known before, it really really scared me 6 weeks ago, I couldn'r control the shaking and had a masive panic attack. I'm back on citalopram but have forgotten wheter they made me tired 1st time around? This time i've been on the 6 weeks and I'm completely shattered constantly, can anyone tell me if this eases off??

Quote Originally Posted by michelle123 View Post
    I'm back on citalopram but have forgotten wheter they made me tired 1st time around? This time i've been on the 6 weeks and I'm completely shattered constantly, can anyone tell me if this eases off??

I am on day 21 of 20m Citalopram. The couple of weeks I felt incredibly tired but that has eased off. What time do you take them? I take mine mid-day, I was taking them first thing before but they made me tired at work. Its better now I take them mid-day.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Page 101 of 138 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast

Thread Information