Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just want to sleep

I just want to sleep

I am sick sick sick of not being able to sleep. I just lie there in a half comotose state everynight with a serious anxious feeling in my chest.

gggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Please let me sleep

Re: I just want to sleep

Hi Natural Mystic, it mst be so frustrating for you just lying there, is it trying to get to sleep that is the problem, or waking in the early hours and not going back to sleep. No doubt you have tried all the usual stuff like relaxation tapes, diazepam etc. Have you been to the Doctor lately and discussed it with him. I wake early in the morning (about 4am) and don't sleep again, but I just curl up and keep warm and try to think positive thoughts. Sorry, I'm no help really, but send you some sympathy

Hi hun,

I don't really know what o advise, only that recently I found a old diary that I had started writing when I first got diagnosed with anxiety & I had written in it a lot that I am fed up of not being able to sleep. It was awful at the time but when I was reading it recently I realised I had completly forgotton about not being able to sleep as I don't have this anymore. I can't really say on how to get some but just to let you know it won't last forever. Can you maybe see the doc for some sleeping pills or something?? xxxx

Bless you, thanks guys.

I have been having anxiety since January but really think I'm better than I was. This is because I have accepted fully that it is only anxiety that I have and because I am trying (working mostly) not to fear the rush, hence the full blown attack isn't happening. Still the anxiety comes in floods (usually when I'm just relaxing and not worrying about anything).

The worst of it now for me is the occasional depersonalisation and the bloody sleeping.

The doc did give me zoplicone last week and I've had 5 ok sleeps with it (thoug still waking around 4 with awful dread inside for some reason). However last night I thought I'd try without because I really don't want to become dependant on these drugs, or any for that matter.

Henywayyyyyyyyyyy not long after I wrote here in the early hours I gave in and took half a tablet, slept for a few hours. I just want to sleep without the aid of something, it scares me getting addicted and/or having withdrawal symptoms when I stop taking them

Have a good day all

Hi Natural Mystic I always listen to a subliminal hypnotherapy cd I bought off ebay to help with my fear of death. It has not done anything for my fear of death but it really does help me sleep. I can't get to sleep without it on. Also I drink a cup of chamomile tea and put a couple of drops of lavender oil on my pillow. I don't know if you have tried any of these but they are worth a go if you haven't.

I have sprayed lavender on my pillow, though think I did too much lol

And last night I did put on the classical radio station, this did help relax me, just didn't deep sleep.

Has anyone been on zoplicone or similary and if so for how long etc.?

Thanks again all

Yes and hot milk rather than a few glasses of wine, I realised that the booze helps no-one with anxiety!

I am the exact same, and I am getting so sick of it. I always fall asleep super easily, cause I am always so tired. I fall alseep right away, but every single night for the past like 2 weeks, I wake up about 4 hours later,...and it feels like I stay awake for HOURS, not being able to go back to sleep. The more I lie there, the more anxious I become, because I KNOW I need a good nights sleep....to help me feel better. I know how important it is for anxiety, to get a good nights sleep. And every night....I just lie there in the middle of the night for hours. I dont know what it is that wakes me up, but I seem to wake up after about 3 or 4 hours of sleep.
    Just want to sleep.....

hey, i have always been a terrible sleeper. my doctor prescribed me zopiclone... and i am ashamed to admit that i feel like i cant sleep without it. i have been on it for weeks now. my boyfriend thinks i am addicted to it. i advise you to try natural things. its so hard for me to try sleeping naturally now...
    it will get better
    xxx

Natural Mystic,

Firstly, I just loved the way you wrote henywayyyyy above - it just made me smile cos I could hear the sigh in your voice.

Zopiclone yes I've had it, was given a few by a kind friend. It's ok - yes it may help you sleep for a good few hours. However, when my anxiety was bad it only gave me about 5 hours sleep. I also had quetiepine when anx was very high and that's very "knock you out" - but I still could only manage a few hours sleep on it and kept waking at about 4 am in the morning. It's horrible.

Try Nytol (not herbal) that could help I have found it good. Try wearing yourself out during the day with walking and stuff. I don't know what else to advise. It's just that when anxiety is at a high level it disrupts our sleep so badly and it seems only when the anx levels go down that the sleep pattern gets back to normal.

Good luck.

Hi
    I am new to here and have just started Zopiclone which scares me so much, feel my life is being controlled by how anxious i am at going to bed and sleeping, or not as in the case with me.
    In try to make sure I have a routine and stay relaxed,(herbal teas, oils, music) then once i get into bed try to not let the fact im worrying about not sleeping come to mind, it does, the heart beat feeling is what i hate and then i get agitated and anxious and sometimes cry, then its reaching for the sleeping tablet..

I know if it helps me sleep that is a good thing, am just so scared i wont sleep without them.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information