Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Relationship OCD?

Re: Relationship OCD?

Quote Originally Posted by woofybaby View Post
    I'm not as bad as I was 3 months ago, but basically fear and panic about what is actually a really happy marriage. It came completely out of the blue. One day I was happy and content and then the following afternoon - bang! It hit me! I can't really explain it, but complete panic about my husband, whether or not I love him, whether or not I'm happy. The whole thing makes me very upset. However, I KNOW i love him, the physical side of our relationship is fine and I know if he asked me to marry him again I'd say yes. BUT i can't stop the thoughts!

Any advice?

OMG. This is how i feel. I love my partner but im always questioning myself.

Omg, this is actually so relieving. I thought that it was just me, that I was falling out of love with him or something, even though I actually love him so much... but it's that nagging doubt that I'll end up hurting him or something in the end, that maybe he's not the one for me... I'm so glad I saw this, thankyou so much!

This is interesting, but doesnt everyone feel like this once the honeymoon stage has gone? I never thought these thoughts were abnormal as such?

My ROCD always hits when the "honeymoon" stage is over... around 6 months into a relationship, usually. In past relationships I didn't realize it was OCD, I was young and I actually thought I all of a sudden didn't want to be with that particular person anymore. But with my first serious, loving relationship came the realization that this is more than a normal feeling. I've been suffering from ROCD since the age of 15 and it hasn't gotten better, even though I'm with a guy now that I KNOW I love and he's someone I want to be with for the rest of my life. It's really horrible and it's ruining my life. Just getting past said "honeymoon" stage with my guy now and it's creeping back into my mind, and it's as predictable as ever- I'm not surprised it's back this time... I just don't know a) how I'm going to tell my boyfriend about it (he is amazingly supportive of my anxiety and OCD but I just don't know how to break this to him) and b) how I'm ever going to get back to normal and be able to get married and have kids (which is all I've ever really wanted out of life). Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by woofybaby View Post
    I'm not as bad as I was 3 months ago, but basically fear and panic about what is actually a really happy marriage. It came completely out of the blue. One day I was happy and content and then the following afternoon - bang! It hit me! I can't really explain it, but complete panic about my husband, whether or not I love him, whether or not I'm happy. The whole thing makes me very upset. However, I KNOW i love him, the physical side of our relationship is fine and I know if he asked me to marry him again I'd say yes. BUT i can't stop the thoughts!

Any advice?

SNAP!
    I had this really bad when I first got with my boyfriend, my brain kept saying I was lying when I said I loved my boyfriend! It really is just your OCD playing tricks on you, making you think your a liar, making you think you're something your not. I know saying that wont make the thoughts stop but if you just ignore them or just pay them no attention, just let them carry on in the background, they will go away with time. All you have to do is shake your head, concentrate on something else and KNOW that there are loads of us that have been through exactly what your going through so you DO love your husband just as I love my boyfriend, its just the stupid OCD thats messing with your head!

Your brains like a naughty child, best way to deal with is it is like Supernanny, when its being naughty and loud just ignore it and let it get on with it, give it no attention and pretty soon it will stop being naughty!

Hey!
    I think i might i have this realtionship ocd.?
    I just wondered if any 1 could tell me.
    Im in a fantastic realtionship and i couldnt be happier with this guy. He loves me and i love him!
    But theres always things gettin in the way.
    A little while ago i kept on getting thoughts that i cheated on my bf! I would get these fake memories of me cheating on my bf and it would make me sick! And i would have 2 tell my boyfriend.. I would always say.. Steve i think i have cheated on u.. Im not sure but i think i have! It was crazy!
    And now im starting 2 think am i still in love with my ex!? Deep down i no im not.. Bu in my mind it always says .. What would happen if u are.. You and steve would split up! and my mind always comapares them 2 2 getha.. steve always comes out better.. and i slaways think if i saw my ex again would i want him back.. Its horrible!!!!! I just wana be happy with my bf steve.. I dont want all these carzy thoughts in my head!!!!!! x
    Can any 1 relate.???????

Question Re: Relationship OCD?

I’m noticing this ROCD is common among those who have fears they don’t love there partner or have fears they made the wrong choice? For me it is the opposite. I have fears that she will leave me. I constantly look for signs, actions, voice tone etc.. Does this still constitute as ROCD?
    R eal

I am suffering very badly with anxiety with the same as you. My story goes like this. At 16 I met my first boyfriend, after around 7 months a very stresesful time happened with my brother causing him to lose his job, wife to be (wedding was around a month away) when I suddenly thought 'I dont know if I love you' After fighting the anxiety and like you upset because I still loved him or thought I did and was on fluoxetine. I was with this person for a further 3 years after and from the original bout I lost lust and it basically became like a brother/sister relationship. I continually had anxiety throughout and fought it, till I could not take anymore. I had terrible anxiety finishing it through guilt and seeing my ex so hurt. The thought know haunts me. Around 14 months on I met someone else who I am still currently with know, I was apprehensive in the beginning, again anxiety and what if came in, but soon disappeared, I moved in with him, spent everyday together, had our arguments like any couple but never had anxiety or thought I didnt love him over this. I am a home bird and never thought Id move out, but loved being with him, making our appartment our home, never wanting to give up my day off (sunday) for family because it was our only proper day together. Went on the best holiday ive been on with him, this christmas day he proposed - I had an inkling as he asked my ring size but I didnt think he would buy a diamond from over here and didnt want to be dissappointed etc so put it out my mind even then no anxiety just joy the thought of him proposing. I suppose I had been feeling a little depressed with work, and things didnt relate it to him. Had some slight anxiety which went away on the 29th Dec, this is after being elated that we got engaged christmas day. I was so happy, couldnt stop looking at him. Then came new years day - this is when the beast rased its ugly head. I suddenly had the same feelings - dread, fear, anxiety set in and nothing was calming it. As anxiety is I tried to let it pass as it usually can, but it got worse I told my sister eventually, then my mum who I both comfort to when im in the depths of dispear of anxiety. My fiance decided it was best if I went home and I was scared of all old feelinmgs or if I realise I dont love him etc, it has been the most awful bout yet. I am so confused and worried. I am back on fluoxetine (dont know if it works) and was given diazapam. I returned back to our apartment thinking I was ok after the doctors thinking I love him and its all coming back from before triggered by something, I had been there all week suffering previously before I came home and it triggered it so badly I couldnt stop shaking. I took a diazapam - it took over my emotions and I became numb. Upset I talked to my fiance and he said he could go through it no more and I agreed. I left and couldnt get hold of his mum I was so worried about him I drove to his parents house, in which his mother a trainee counsellor, sat me down and I explained everything. She said she didnt think it was the case either - that the pressure of money, job, going 100mph on wedding plans had broke me. I was still under the effects of diazapam and she could tell, I was so numb. We are trying to get through this and my fears are so strong like if its post tramatic stress of happening again I believe it is happening again but there must be an underlying trigger or reason? I am litteratly on the floor with this and dont know what to do, all I want is for things to go back to normal. I have been praying, reading about it, find forums like this one. I was also unsure about staying on fluoxetine as it inhibits your reactions to love im just so worried. I havent been back to work and am losing the will. Please help if you can.
    I am suffering very badly with anxiety with the same as you. My story goes like this. At 16 I met my first boyfriend, after around 7 months a very stresesful time happened with my brother causing him to lose his job, wife to be (wedding was around a month away) when I suddenly thought 'I dont know if I love you' After fighting the anxiety and like you upset because I still loved him or thought I did and was on fluoxetine. I was with this person for a further 3 years after and from the original bout I lost lust and it basically became like a brother/sister relationship. I continually had anxiety throughout and fought it, till I could not take anymore. I had terrible anxiety finishing it through guilt and seeing my ex so hurt. The thought know haunts me. Around 14 months on I met someone else who I am still currently with know, I was apprehensive in the beginning, again anxiety and what if came in, but soon disappeared, I moved in with him, spent everyday together, had our arguments like any couple but never had anxiety or thought I didnt love him over this. I am a home bird and never thought Id move out, but loved being with him, making our appartment our home, never wanting to give up my day off (sunday) for family because it was our only proper day together. Went on the best holiday ive been on with him, this christmas day he proposed - I had an inkling as he asked my ring size but I didnt think he would buy a diamond from over here and didnt want to be dissappointed etc so put it out my mind even then no anxiety just joy the thought of him proposing. I suppose I had been feeling a little depressed with work, and things didnt relate it to him. Had some slight anxiety which went away on the 29th Dec, this is after being elated that we got engaged christmas day. I was so happy, couldnt stop looking at him. Then came new years day - this is when the beast rased its ugly head. I suddenly had the same feelings - dread, fear, anxiety set in and nothing was calming it. As anxiety is I tried to let it pass as it usually can, but it got worse I told my sister eventually, then my mum who I both comfort to when im in the depths of dispear of anxiety. My fiance decided it was best if I went home and I was scared of all old feelinmgs or if I realise I dont love him etc, it has been the most awful bout yet. I am so confused and worried. I am back on fluoxetine (dont know if it works) and was given diazapam. I returned back to our apartment thinking I was ok after the doctors thinking I love him and its all coming back from before triggered by something, I had been there all week suffering previously before I came home and it triggered it so badly I couldnt stop shaking. I took a diazapam - it took over my emotions and I became numb. Upset I talked to my fiance and he said he could go through it no more and I agreed. I left and couldnt get hold of his mum I was so worried about him I drove to his parents house, in which his mother a trainee counsellor, sat me down and I explained everything. She said she didnt think it was the case either - that the pressure of money, job, going 100mph on wedding plans had broke me. I was still under the effects of diazapam and she could tell, I was so numb. We are trying to get through this and my fears are so strong like if its post tramatic stress of happening again I believe it is happening again but there must be an underlying trigger or reason? I am litteratly on the floor with this and dont know what to do, all I want is for things to go back to normal. I have been praying, reading about it, find forums like this one. I was also unsure about staying on fluoxetine as it inhibits your reactions to love im just so worried. I havent been back to work and am losing the will. Please help if you can.

Smile Re: Relationship OCD?

Quote Originally Posted by halfwayhome View Post
    That's interesting - for me the feelings are the opposite. Not that I don't love him, or would be happier with someone else, but that he will leave ME. Does that still "count" as ROCD?
    OMG - I am like this so much!!! I ALWAYS worry "what if a girl starts at his company and she's hot?!" or "what if a girl trys it on with him"...

Even tho I know I can trust my BF totally - i still worry about other girls and I feel sick at the thought of him even getting checked out!

I think I have low Self Esteem as well and it doesn't help at all.

Anyone else like this?

How can I get better?!
    Thanks

I'm the same. I'm in a fairly new long distance relationship and he's had to cancel our plans to meet a couple of times. I'm torturing myself with the thoughts that he's lying to me about why he's cancelling. I'm becoming a stalker, checking who he's talking to on the internet site that we met on and feeling sick everytime he's chatting to a female friend.
    I'm supposed to be travelling to his tomorrow evening for the weekend but I have this dreaded feeling he's gonna cancel it last minute. He knows I have issues and he tries so hard to put my mind at rest, but its just not working.
    I'm also supposed to be meeting some of his friends on saturday night at his local pub and I am so scared that they will hate me and try and get him to end it with me. I'm 36, but feel like a 15 yr old insecure schoolgirl right now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information