Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Panic Attacks from feeling full or feeling hungry?

Panic Attacks from feeling full or feeling hungry?

Hi all,

I ask because I feel I am alone on this but would love to know if there are any other sufferers out there like me?

I often feel anxious after eating as I know I misintrepret the "heavy" sensation of feeling full with panicking and feeling sick. I often worry about meeting people after eating and ensure I have eaten little so I don't experience that feeling, however, feeling hungry can also set me off!!

Hence I have avoided eating in front of someone I want to impress (although last Sunday I did eat out in front of my girlfriend and did not panic once) and this causes havoc on my life as I don't want anything to stop me in my life, career and love life.

Rob x

dont know about the feeling fulll bit but i can see where you are coming from

as for the feeling hungry bit this definitely affects me very badley and i always feel so much worse if i havent eaten enuf

great fun this isnt it

jackie

HI YEAH , BIG PROB FOR ME..DONTEAT COS FEEL SICK THEN FEEL SICK WHEN EAT! IT NEVER ENDS,HAVE LOST LOADS OF WEIGHT BUT DOING BETTER NOW EAT SMALL AND OFTEN TO OVER COME IT XX

jools xx

Hi Rob - backin Jan/Feb time I had problems with this, everytime I ate my evening meal my heart would start racing causing me to panic. I also feel a lot worse if I'm hungry. Maybe you've reached a point where you're expecting to panic everytime you eat and so you do? You could try to braek the cycle by eating little and often rather than big meals which make you feel too full.
    Love Helen

hi rob

i too get this - anxiety can spiral if i am hungry or if i eat i worry in case ive eaten something that could cause me to panic - another habit that needs to be broken.

not sure about u but i also get into a panic if i dont eat at a certain time !!

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Yes I have had this too - eaten too much and felt ill so that makes me panic and yet I hate that low blood sugar feeling even more.

Little and often is the answer for me.

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Re: Panic Attacks from feeling full or feeling hungry?

Hi Rob
    I know how you feel I panic that I won't be able to eat and then my mouth dries out and I can't eat. Also like you after i have eaten i feel full then I panic and feel sick and my heart pumps. I don't know about you but the feeling of panic is terrible and i just want it to end.

Chris

I agree with Piglet. If I eat too much I feel bloated. Too little and I'm anxious so I'm always nibbling!

I too panic if I get hungry, and eat little and often. I also carry a banana with me all the time, even next to my bed.

Luv Barb xxx

I nearly always feel ill when my anxiety is pretty bad which stops me from eating much. Around Jan/ March this year I had a lot of bad days and I didn't eat much, because I didn't eat much I lost a bit of weight and then everyone starts going on about how I'm not eating much and I'm losing weight and I shouldn't diet and how I may have an eating disorder and it just makes my anxiety worse because then I hate eating in front of people. It's a never ending circle. I didn't realise how closely food could be linked with anxiety until recently.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information