Page 506 of 507 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507 LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 5061

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Thanks Clio. It’s good to hear from you.

I definitely think too much about the anxiety, I think that’s one of the things that keep it going. I do do too much, but I think that’s one of my ways of trying to block out/run away from how I’m feeling.

I am amazed by the number of symptoms there are of anxiety. I have convinced myself I have ms several times from the weird things I get. I take a beta blocker so generally the physical symptoms aren’t so bad at the moment it’s the mental chatter that drives me mad. I find it very difficult to relax at all. Up until this weekend I was having really good days and could relax quite a bit and generally get on with life.

So I was on the 75mg for 8 weeks on Friday. The doctor was really pleased with my progress from when she first saw me and suggested I stay at the same dose which I was fine with. However this weekend I went away for the weekend and had a major setback, feel like I’m almost back to square one. Constantly anxious, waking at 4am lots of physical symptoms. How quickly things can change! Not sure if this is my queue to increase, or if the venlafaxine has stopped working for me after so many years or if it’s just the stress of being away from home and out of my routine/comfort zone. I get so scared I’m always going to be this anxious person, it’s just not the real me �� worst thing is I’m so scared to take the diazepam I have when I’m in this state I suffer all day then sometimes (not often) cave in later on and even then I only take 1mg.

Sounds like you are a bit brighter than you were to me and at 5 weeks there’s still room for improvement! Small steps at a time! Don’t put too much pressure on yourself.

I’m going to give it a few days to see if this settles down and if not go back to the doctor and see what she says. So reluctant to go through another increase again as I seem to really suffer with them xxx

Hi Roxy

I get all what your saying regarding the anxiiety, we try to help ourshelves so much (because we hate it so) finding things out, reading things,group things etc that thsts all were doing really is feeding the anxiety! And not forgetting about it by doing relsxing other things.

I too get the mental chatter, soon as i open my eyes in the morning it starts. I only seem to relax pm, all day im tense and fuelled with adrenalin

Or that was a shame you couldnt relax enough to enjoy the weekend
    I think it was because of what your going through at mo and you were a bit out of your comfort zone. Then theres the added pressure of wanting for everything to be enjoyable and you being well .

We all have our own ways of coping, what suits one doesnt another.
    Like me, if anxiety is high i just cant see family/friends or appointments. I have to wait to come back down again then when i know i can manage it i do.
    Others will be able to push through that.

Maybe give it another month with Ven, im sure you will be calmer in a few days.
    Can u relax enough to watch tv or read a book?

At the mo im waking early 6 ish (early for me) and i can feel myself trying hard to get back to sleep
    Instead of letting it just happen! No wonder im tossing and turning
    Im the same when i go to bed, too focussed on sleeping
    Its becoming a habit, i need to relax
    Wine tonight lol

Oh to be able to relax, take care xx

Hope you do not mind be posting on this thread but I have just started on ven 75 xxl today will b my 2 day , I really want to take it but with my first tablet yesterday the anxiety was like I was climbing the wall ,could not sit still and felt like I was shaking in side like vibrating it was not nice , as for the sweats it is my feet but the rest of me is cold and shivering thanks for letting me just sound off hope every one else is doing fine

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

Well just took my second ven tablet could only have a few spoonfuls of yoghurt and a small banana I know you are supposed to eat but I just can't face food , hope I don't have a day like yesterday X linda

Hi Linda, maybe speak to your Gp about starting on 37.5mg. just till your body adjusts to the meds, it is side effects and will pass, but i started on 37.5xl. and found that enough, raising to 75mg after a few weeks, hope this helps hun, and you have a better day xxxx

We'll do not think my doc will b happy if I change as in the past have been on matzo then I asked for progablin she was not happy with this but give it to me well when that did not work had to leave it up to her on what to give me sa long as they will pass thanks linda

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Thanks for that pink dove BUT don't think my doc will b happy as in the last 2 and a half year have been on many meds even pregablin and she was not happy about , think am having withdrawals from escitalapram was only on it 3and a half week and se from the ven as well thanks a lot linda

Well day 4 on ven and anxiety very high and getting a tingling feeling in my left breast and arm ,didn't sleep well last night and also starting to feel sick really hope I can live with the start up . Just laying on the sofa all day just can not be bothered have 2 loverly little dogs havachons ,but just have no time for them xx

I have had 2 diazepam already to day but it has not helped with the anxiety an thinking about ringing the crisis people but don't know to. Linda x

Linda, ring for some help. your Gp, or the crisis team, sounds as if you are having a rough ride xx

Thanks I rang the crisis team they said to take my diazepam but I only have a few left and my doc said she will not give me any more .the first 2 day where not bad this must be the start of the side affects my worst side affect is the tingling in my left breast it's is very painful the ladies on the phone said to take painkillers every 4 hours it might help if I use all my diazepam will go to our walkin out of hours clinic and try to get some more thanks pink dove x

Well after a bad day on Wednesday Thursday was not to bad and I did sleep a little , but to day Friday have woken up feeling a bit sick just don't understand one day one day bad and the next not to bad . It must just be the tablet getting in system ? I hope Still don't feel like eating much but I could do with losing a bit weight after been on mitazipine for 2 years it helped me sleep at first but did nothing for anxiety. Thanks Linda x

Page 506 of 507 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507 LastLast

Thread Information