Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 30 days on Fluoxetine - when will nausea/shaky stomach stop?

Re: 30 days on Fluoxetine - when will nausea/shaky stomach stop?

I had very loose stools and sour stomach as well.

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

I'm on week 7 (4 weeks 20mg, 3 weeks 40mg) and I've had a bad acid stomach for the past 2 weeks, today its been really bad plus a bit of the runs. On top of this I've felt right down, which is not something I normally get. I'm debating if I should go back to the doctors to change to something else. Do I try and hold out til this batch of pills runs out (another week and a half) or try to change now? My anxiety is the worst it has been for ages, I'd of thought the pills should of kicked in by now.

I had terrible diarrea for the first 3 weeks and lost a stone! it was usually in the mornings,the minute i awoke from my pathetic few hours of fitfull sleep, then panic would set in.Mornings were vile!!!! now i love mornings would u believe!

Pleased for you Sick and Tired. Hope you are no longer sick and tired.

How long did it take for you? I am on 2.5 months and I still have a bit of depression, anxiety, and stomach problems and I am thinking of giving in.

xxxxx

i am no longer sick and tired.I am busy and happy.
    its taken nearly 12 months,councelling,alot of tears and good family and friends help.
    please dont give in.....
    you say you have a bit of depression......is it better than a few weeks ago ?
    I know you wont want to hear this....but it is such a gradual process.....its so painful....each day,waiting for the old you to resurface.
    I still had the anxiety after a few months,but it wasnt nearly as bad as at the beginning.try and judge how you feel,week by week,rather than day by day.do you feel better in the evenings?

Yes i tend to feel better in the evenings, as I feel glad that I have got though the day.

I will persevere, as long as I know that it is worth it. It is just a lot of people say that they feel better after 8 weeks, and so i am started to feel, at 11 weeks, that I am doing something wrong.

Thank you so much for your reassusrance. It means loads right now.

thats exactly how i used to feel! id be elated that id not had a meltdown and would have a lovely long bath,get in my comfy pj's and look forward to watching TV even if it was rubbish.....
    in the early weeks,i couldnt even watch the news and certain programs....would have me crying my eyes out,as though it was the end of the world
    try a few more weeks,then if you dont see that much of an improvement,then i would go back to the docs.Must go and drop my daughter off at ballet now,but i,ll probably be back on later x take care

thanks Sick and Tired, you are a massive support. xxxxxx

Supersal don't lose heart and give in you have come so far, you helped me so much, have you thought anymore about trying the 20mg, I know you are scared but you know what the side effects are and it could be what you need. You have to do what you feel is right though, but just to say we are here for you.

Janinexx

I have had the most awful night. First of all I woke up with lower abdominal pains, which stopped after I went to the loo! And then just before I got up my stomach started feeling as if it was full of mucus! I am not sure what to do. I am so fed up. Has anyone else felt just like this and recovered. It has been over a week now and I am hardly eating anything x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information