Thread: Panic attack help...

Panic attack help...

So at around 5pm tonight I was sitting on sofa watching tv and I suddenly started to get that tingly sensation in my chest. All the rest of the feelings started and I freaked out. Eventually my mum calmed me down

I haven't had a full blown panic attack in a few years now but my anxiety has returned and doctor put me back on medication for it.
    My question is how long can these panic attack feelings last? It's now 10:30 and I'm still getting tingling in my chest and even legs. And do yous reckon the panic attack was caused by the anti depressants I was put on?

Re: Panic attack help...

If you are just starting an SSRI, more than likely that could be what triggered the panic attack. Don't give up. Ride it out. Eventually the meds will hold them back for you. It is just your body trying to fight the meds.

Quote Originally Posted by jrcoleman View Post
    If you are just starting an SSRI, more than likely that could be what triggered the panic attack. Don't give up. Ride it out. Eventually the meds will hold them back for you. It is just your body trying to fight the meds.
    Thanks, yeah I'm 5 days into starting them. Was going great until this random panic attack that came out of know where.

So can panic attacks last hours long? Obviously the symptoms weren't as severe but up until around 2/3am I was still taking a tingling sensation in my chest every 20 mins or so

They can, especially if you remain focused on the symptoms. Sometimes it is hard to come down from a panic attack.

Thanks, today has been a lot better.

Took my tablet and about an hour later I started to feel like I was going to take a panic attack again but this time I was able to change control it

Still feeling sick with a loss of appetite though, would this be the medication?

Thread Information