Thread: My anxiety is back and I'm scared

My anxiety is back and I'm scared

I've been doing really well and haven't posted for ages.

We returned from a 2 week holiday in Majorca on Monday and on Wednesday my son 17 went back to try and get a job for the season.He met a girl while we were on holiday and they are staying together at someone elses apartment.

This has knocked me for a six.I feel sick,shaking,legs like jelly and a lump in my throat.I can't sit still. I know he's safe cos he's phoned me and he starts work tonight.I'm so worried in case anything bad happens to him but I know if I'd stopped him going he wouldn't have forgiven me. In one way I'm proud that he has the courage to do what he's done but on the other hand I'm disappointed that he didn't stay until after his A levels.

I'm on 30mg citalopram which have helped me no end but at the moment I feel like I did before medication.I've been on meds about 8 or 9 months.

I would love some reassurance that everything will be alright. I keep telling myself that all is well,but my mind doesn't seem to believe it.

Anyone relate ?????? Please???????

julie x

Re: My anxiety is back and I'm scared

Hiya
    Yes i can sort of relate to how you feel. Last sept my daughter left home to start uni, dont laugh but shes only 8 miles up the road, but in my mind shes left home i had the most awful panic attack the night before she went, and for about 4 months after my anxiety was through the roof, even though she came to see us once a week, dont i sound pathetic, but low and behold slowly my anxiety has dropped and ive come to realise that the children do grow up and leave us and mark my words they do come to you if they need anything. Julie you will get used to your son being away and as time goes on it does get a little easier i do know how you feel, chin up and take care
    POLLY XXX

OH yes I totally relate. My son went abroad for a year and I think I can honestly say that I spent the whole year on tenterhooks waiting for the call to go and rescue him. He was, of course, perfectly fine and had a wonderful time.

mums worry, end of story, it's our job! But not good when it takes over out lives...

aww hunny

ive yet to relate to this one.

my son went to high school today for the first time. he wouldnt even let me wave him off.

we have to let them fly to dry their wings hun, otherwise wed cripple them, and theyd never forgive us.

i know its easy for me to say, but ur in touch and hell probably have the time of his life.

mums and dads do worry, but imagine his homecoming and the joy of reunion

milly xxxx

Thanks for the replies.

I feel a bit better today.When The physical symptoms start I tell myself that Everything is fine,I'm safe and secure,calm and relaxed. It seems to be helping along with a couple of drops of Bach Rock Rose in water.

I suppose any mother would feel the same if their 17 year old son or daughter had done the same as mine.I've never been good with change.

I'm going to stop worrying about him and pass his safety over to a higher power than me.I have faith that he will be safe and happy.

julie x

Thread Information