Thread: sleep paralysis

sleep paralysis

This morning as I was waking up I felt like my ear was clogged, and it hurt. It sounded like water was running... My husband told me to get up, and I was trying to answer him, but I could not move. I tried to yell, but nothing came out. I was trying to motion to my husband to call 911, but I could not move anything. I was seriously screaming, but nothing was coming out. My husband says he wasnt looking at me, so he does not know if my eyes were open or not, but he knows I wasnt screaming. This lasted about 5 seconds, then I snapped out of it. But I am truly terrified. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO ME??? I am sure I had some sort of seizure. I am going to the neurologist today... I am so freaked out. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? I did have a terrible nights sleep... but over all the anxiety has been better than usual. What do you all think?

Heidi

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
    "I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

thank you thank you thank you!!! I had never seen this on the site before. I feel so much relief knowing its not that abnormal. I went to the neuro who believes that it is sleep paralysis. But he asked me a lot of questions about whether or not i am often tired... and he is slightly concerned about narcolepsy. I do think that he was trying to make me feel better by telling me its not just anxiety.... but i strongly believe that it is all anxiety related.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
    "I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

My older brother gets it every now and then coz he stays up too long, too much. Nothing major at all I don't think.

Thread Information