Thread: longing to be normal

longing to be normal

why can i not just be like my brothers and sister they are all out going i would love to be like them i can not go out on my own i dont have friends to scared to answer the phone i just dont no how to talk to them i all so think people dont like me i even had to give my job up i have allways been this way but its just so bad now iam married with 3 kids but i can not even pick them up from school i never have my photo taken i dont want to see my self i start to panic if have to get severd in a shop so my husband has to that for my i dont no how he puts up with me we never go out as i can not go to pups i get scared when there are a lot of people in one place thats why i can not do school i just want so much to beable to have a photo with my children or go on the camcorder i miss out on a lot of things with my kids and it hurts so much i try to go out more but i start to panic i would love to hear from anyone who is the same as me i sometimes think its just me thank you andrea xx l

Re: longing to be normal

Hi Andrea,

I just wanted to let you know that I can understand how you're feeling. I have social anxiety & low self-esteem & low self-confidence. I also get the feeling that other people don't like me. I find it difficult to make phone calls & answer the phone. (Though I think that I'm not as bad with this as I used to be as I keep doing it). I also hate getting my photo taken.

Although I have started going out a bit more over the last month I would have found it very difficult to go anywhere and have an awful 'dread' of having to face someone that I knew or having to talk to them in case I got really 'anxious'. The times that I have went out I have always found that the worrying about it beforehand is worse than when I'd actually get there.

Best wishes xx

Thread Information