Thread: cant stop worrying about the palps

cant stop worrying about the palps

im 33 and i have had palps a few times in the last 6 months, i have never had them before, but now im really worried, i dont get them daily or anything, i do get them mainly around my period
    I have a normal bp and my resting hear rate is 60 to 70 and i even have spoke with my doctor about the palps, he told me it was nothing to worry about and said it could be the side effects of the med plus my panic disorder, plus hormones and at 33 i should not be worring, unless i have other symptoms with the palps....which i don't
    But i still cant stop thinking about if there is something wrong, am i being stupid and should i request tests etc
    any advice would be great

Re: cant stop worrying about the palps

I am your age and suffer palpitations and ectopic beats regularly, I had an ecg which came back normal, my doctor told me that palpitations were normal too. I dont like them, especially the ectopic ones as it feels like fluttering in my throat. Try not to worry but you could always ask for an ecg to ease your mind?

I'd like to share with you what my friend, an oncologist, told me about palps. First, everybody has them. It's just that some people are over sensitive. As you've been told, it's a benign symptom. But what my friend told me is : having ectopics is as dangerous as watching TV! Try to tell you that when it happens because it's entirely true. Now, don't expect to lose all fear at once, your brain is programmed to react negatively to your palps. But it'll be less and less scary until you fully believe that it really IS as dangerous as watching TV. Hope you get better soon.

I am like you I hate them it seems to be the worst symtom of anxiety for me, trust your Dr if he says you are ok then I would say you are, my other half gets them now and again and trust me he doesnt even notice them, I know this for sure as one night he was watching telly and I was holding his hand and thought it was me and it wasnt it was him, as Annie said we are hyper sensitive to them.

Thread Information