Thread: referral

referral

I was just wondering how long it takes, I'm still waiting on my appointment from October. I don't wanna go to find out about techniques, I've learned a lot from the site and my family but I would like to do some CBT therapy. Last time I phoned they said I was on the waiting list, how long did others have to wait?

"Ther goes the fear, let it go. You turn around and life's passed you by, you look to those you love to justify...there goes the fear."

Id make sure you really are on the waiting list because i was told that 2 years ago ! I asked my doctor now and then who told me i was then that he was having problems getting people in!
    Then only 4 months ago I discovered i was never on it and that i need to do councilling first to get on it! now ive done my councilling I have asked again only to be told the councillor and my doctor will have a chat to decide whats next................all along im thinking ive had this panic for 4 years now surely they can see i got a big problem?

Hope I havent put you off but its probally just where i live.

mirryx

hi rois.
    i think it depends on the area, i too have been on the list since october and have heard nothin except that im on that list!! I have 2 friends from differant areas, one from only like 30mins away,his was quite quick and another in the isle of whight.his was quicker! but like i said it depends on your area. Why not try a little self cbt? or maybe online cbt... www.paniccenter.net

thanx guys, I've to go and do a test now so I'll not get to phone the doc until monday. I didn't know I could do the cbt myself. I live in Belfast and the lists are quite long so hopefully it won't be long- don't think I can handle being like this for much longer

"Ther goes the fear, let it go. You turn around and life's passed you by, you look to those you love to justify...there goes the fear."

My doctor told me the waiting list on the NHS was 6 months.

Nicola

I got a reply today. They want to film one or two sessions don't know if I'd be comfy with that, also the councillor is a trainee in her second year. Is this normal?

When I went to see a psychotherapist she was a student councellor as well but was qualified to be "let loose on real people".

I didn't have a problem with that atall.

Nicola

that part isn't bothering me too much cos she's said it's for ct therapy, I just don't wanna be filmed but don't know if they'll still let me have the therapy without being filmed

I don't think it will be intrusive - it will just be a camera rolling in the background and I expect you will soon forget it is there.

Nicola

Thread Information