Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Constant headaches and pressure in head? Worried about a brain tumour!! :(

Re: Constant headaches and pressure in head? Worried about a brain tumour!! :(

I doubt you have BT if you've had headaches for 10 yrs I'm sure you'd now by now. I heard of someone just yesterday who's had headaches for 20 years with every test clear.
    Hope this helps x

Quote Originally Posted by june View Post
    severely dizzy, nauseas, weakness in my right arm and leg, head pains, and my face felt like pins and needles.
    I also have these symptoms and they terrify me:(
    the thought of brain tumors are first thing that comes to mind.
    My husband died with tumour in his head BUT NO AMOUNT of medication made the pain stop. that was when we realised it was more serious.
    For us (on no panic) the fears we face every day is what causes our problems - just one small pain soon escalates to major trauma. Once we are on that 'roller coaster' of fear we imagine the worst....
    june
    Hello June,
    Thanks so much for your response and I'm sorry to hear about your husband.
    I know exactly what you mean about the roller coaster of fear, it's what I've been on the last couple of weeks.
    Did your husband have any of those symptoms you listed?

Jennifer

---------- Post added at 10:56 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr m anxious View Post
    I doubt you have BT if you've had headaches for 10 yrs I'm sure you'd now by now. I heard of someone just yesterday who's had headaches for 20 years with every test clear.
    Hope this helps x
    Hello, thanks for the response
    I just feel like my headaches are getting worse, along with my symptoms. It just really worries me that something isn't right.

Jennifer

Lockjaw etc are definitely huge TMJ disorder signs. Right now I have this really annoying spasming that alternates between an inch above my right ear, and about an inch in front of and below my right ear. Drives me nuts! A lot of people deal with it and treatment is usually conservative--soft diet for awhile until the inflammation goes down, ibuprofen, warm heat on the painful areas. Does your bite feel off? Mine's felt bad ever since my wisdom teeth extraction, so I think it did something. I've read that when our bite is even a tiny bit off, we grind our teeth because it's our body's way of trying to fix the bite. Phooey!

Quote Originally Posted by bibliophilic View Post
    Lockjaw etc are definitely huge TMJ disorder signs. Right now I have this really annoying spasming that alternates between an inch above my right ear, and about an inch in front of and below my right ear. Drives me nuts! A lot of people deal with it and treatment is usually conservative--soft diet for awhile until the inflammation goes down, ibuprofen, warm heat on the painful areas. Does your bite feel off? Mine's felt bad ever since my wisdom teeth extraction, so I think it did something. I've read that when our bite is even a tiny bit off, we grind our teeth because it's our body's way of trying to fix the bite. Phooey!
    What do you mean a spasm? Does that mean twitching?
    My bite feels fine, but I mean it may be off, maybe I just got used to it.

I'm just really worried about my headaches that worsens when I lay down. Not sure what would cause that. :(

Yeah, kind of like a trembling feeling. Simmers down if I use heat or massage, but it's been ever-present for like a week now. Merp. If it makes you feel any better, my head sometimes gets worse when I lay, especially if I lay on the right or left side. I think it puts tension on my jaw. But that's just me!

Quote Originally Posted by bibliophilic View Post
    Yeah, kind of like a trembling feeling. Simmers down if I use heat or massage, but it's been ever-present for like a week now. Merp. If it makes you feel any better, my head sometimes gets worse when I lay, especially if I lay on the right or left side. I think it puts tension on my jaw. But that's just me!
    I hope you feel better.
    I definitely need to do some further testing but I hope it's nothing as serious as a brain tumour.
    I have the worst sleep because I have to lay on my back, with my head elevated high on the pillows, which is so uncomfortable.

Hi neck tension can cause these problems according to a physio I went to see if you have very tight neck muscles and bad posture then this in turn can cause problems in the head area. As you know I have had these problems for a long time and have been from GP to neurologist to ENT and then physio and there has not been a structural cause (neurologists words) for my problems. Mine has always been put down to tension and anxiety, I do have poor posture as well which does not help.

Quote Originally Posted by almamatters View Post
    Hi neck tension can cause these problems according to a physio I went to see if you have very tight neck muscles and bad posture then this in turn can cause problems in the head area. As you know I have had these problems for a long time and have been from GP to neurologist to ENT and then physio and there has not been a structural cause (neurologists words) for my problems. Mine has always been put down to tension and anxiety, I do have poor posture as well which does not help.

Hello,
    Has the physio helps with your tight neck muscles?
    I've actually noticed that I have very bad posture, since I was young but I never knew it could cause head pains.
    Do you know if this could also cause tingles in finger tips?

Quote Originally Posted by jennclark View Post
    Hello,
    Has the physio helps with your tight neck muscles?
    I've actually noticed that I have very bad posture, since I was young but I never knew it could cause head pains.
    Do you know if this could also cause tingles in finger tips?
    I do get tingling in my fingers , the physio did help my tight muscles by massaging them and giving me exercises to relax the whole shoulder, neck area. He said tension in this area can cause headaches and head pain and as my GP had ruled out other causes, then it would help me to learn to relax the muscles in this area. My symptoms did not go away after this (still have them now) but I did feel less tense and achy. Your GP could refer you to a physio if you thought it may help you. I paid to see one (it was not expensive) I was desperate at the time and did not want to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by almamatters View Post
    I do get tingling in my fingers , the physio did help my tight muscles by massaging them and giving me exercises to relax the whole shoulder, neck area. He said tension in this area can cause headaches and head pain and as my GP had ruled out other causes, then it would help me to learn to relax the muscles in this area. My symptoms did not go away after this (still have them now) but I did feel less tense and achy. Your GP could refer you to a physio if you thought it may help you. I paid to see one (it was not expensive) I was desperate at the time and did not want to wait.
    It's great to hear that it's helping you a bit.
    I'm definitely going to look into physio, thanks so much

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information