Thread: Ooof, stress is way up

Ooof, stress is way up

I’m in a period at work where I’m basically working two (very high stress) jobs. So my stress is way up and many anxiety symptoms are showing up again. Gastro, muscular, feelings of dread, etc. It’s really rough right now because there isn’t much I can do to change the situation. So I’m trying to change my reaction to what’s happening - doing the work I know I need to do. Thankfully I’m not falling into the HA trap - everything is familiar enough that I can say “I know what this is”. But man, I’ll be happy when this challenge passes. I’m going to make an appointment with the therapist, because I need some help filling out some health coverage forms (I was denied previously because I’d disclosed the anxiety thing and want guidance to reapply) and it can’t hurt to talk some of my current situation out with her.

Anyway, super tired, super stressed, and hoping this all changes soon. But if it goes on much longer I’m going to have to push for some change. Wish me luck!

Re: Ooof, stress is way up

Sounds like you're doing really well reacting to a stressful period
    Wishing you all the very best

I hope you do better at the moment. Take care!

Thanks all. Feeling a bit better at the moment, though there are some more stressful days on the horizon. I think I’m just getting a bit better at realizing when things are not in my control, though that doesn’t make me like it any better. I’ve booked some time off in the summer, which I know is a long way away. But knowing that it’s there is helping. I’m also trying not to internalize everything. Sometimes I think people just say things because they want something to be said, not necessarily because they want me to do something about it.

Unfortunately this all as wreaked havoc with my fitness schedule, so I’m going to have to find something else that works in the meantime.

Anyway, grateful as always for this forum. It helps to vent among those who know what this is all like.

Thread Information