Thread: Switching but having strange allergy symptoms

Switching but having strange allergy symptoms

Hiya folks

As some of you may know, i've been on Mirtazapine and Pregabalin for a while now. At my psychiatrist's recommendation i'm changing to Venlafaxine as the mirtazapine was causing sleep issues and stopped helping my depression.

I've been off them for 2 weeks now and haven't quite worked up the courage to take the venlafaxine yet, but that's another story.

What I was hoping to get answers for is this. I've all of a sudden started to get random patches of itchy rashes/red skin/bumps on different parts of my body and a large scaly looking lump near my right ankle. I'm aware that Mirtazapine is an antihistamine and I do suffer from hayfever and other allergies (though the mirtazapine lessened them to a large degree)

Is it possible that my withdrawal from Mirtazapine is causing these strange allergic reactions as my body is now running without an antihistamine?

I'll be making a doctor appointment on Monday to get it checked out as i've also been getting breathless, but was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience when trying to withdraw.

Pregabalin 300mg

Re: Switching but having strange allergy symptoms

Its so strange you should say this, I literally missed 1 tablet a few days ago so waited until the following evening to take it instead, so 48 hours later. I literally started with sinus problems and breathlessness almost immediately the day after missing it and my sinuses have been stuffy with a cotton wool feeling in my head and ears :/

Re: Switching but having strange allergy symptoms

Thanks for the reply Katie, sorry to hear you've had this too.

Saw the doctor today, it's all mirtazapine withdrawal symptoms with a mix of hayfever/dust allergies. Psoriasis patches too which means it's time for hydrocortisone cream and antihistamines!

Problem solved!

Pregabalin 300mg

Thread Information