Thread: My battle with MS and other neuro diseases that I don't have e

My battle with MS and other neuro diseases that I don't have e

Hi to all
    For the past year I have been struggling with my self and my fears that I had ms or other horrible Desease. My symptoms were: burning legs, twitches all over my body, my face my eye my upper lip, buzzing like cell phone on legs, numbness on face, Hoffman test positive... been to the neuro 4-5 times and the clinical exam was fine ( except for Hoffman the last time , a week ago). Neuro told me not to worry and if I wanted to ease my mind to get an MRI done. I was so scared of the findings that I didn't do it for a whole year. I was convenced that I had ms and I couldn't face it. So for a whole year i was suffering and battling with a desease that was only in my head. Finally last week I found the courage to do the MRI (brain and spinal cord)..i was sooo scared thinking of how my life would be with the disease and how would I handle it... my MRI results which I got an hour ago shows that there is nothing!!! I'm healthy as ****!! So all of the damn symptoms were caused by anxiety.. so I beg all of you that you are worrying about the same issues as me get an MRI.. don't let the fear eat you bit by bit ... face your fear .. I know it took me a year but I finally faced it .. the year though that I have wasted is not coming back.. don't waste time on fear but rather face the fear and move on.. I know it is easier said that done but we all owed it to ourselves and to our loved ones. This group has been a lot o help and I would like to thank you all

Re: My battle with MS and other neuro diseases that I don't have e

Hi
    So how are your symptoms now?Are you still experiencing these sensations

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi .. they almost vanished but when I am a bit stressed I still get some twitching randomly on my body. I

Quote Originally Posted by Mariaxxx View Post
    Hi .. they almost vanished but when I am a bit stressed I still get some twitching randomly on my body. I
    My Dr sent me to have an MRI when I was 38 as she thought I could have MS. The MRI was clear, then the neurologist suggested I might have ME/CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome). This was in 1995 when not too much was known about CFS in New Zealand. I was diagnosed with it 6 months later.

Great that you have been given the all clear, Maria. Anxiety can be responsible for many weird and not wonderful perceived neurological symptoms. The twitching is a residual stress response and will settle in time.

Thread Information