Thread: Eyebrow and temple sensation.

Question Eyebrow and temple sensation.

Hello everyone. I am looking for anyone who may have experienced something similar to what's been ailing me.
    Two months ago I got my first migraine with aura, full blown seeing rainbows, blind spot, confusion, I couldn't read or think, then the tingling hand and numbness in my mouth and then the headache. I followed up with my neurologist who assured me it was just a migraine (I was rlfreaking out thinking I had a stroke). She did a neurological exam and said I was completely fine. In the following weeks I kept experiencing this strange sensation in my right temple area and at times in the corner of my right eyebrow and towards the inside of my eye/bridge of my nose. It doesn't hurt, it is a tight feeling that seems to almost pulse with my breathe. Sometimes it can be described as someone pushing on my temple or affected area. It gets worse at night and at times my eyebrow feels really heavy like its falling down over my eye but it's not. I explained over the phone to my neurologist what the sensation feels like and she said it's probably just a tension headache, however I had a really hard time accepting that.
    Another week went by and I started googling and got really freaked out that I had a brain tumor or unruptured anyerism or something like that so my neurologist ordered an MRI (that she didn't think I needed but was willing to give it to me to ease my anxiety) which came back normal.
    Since then I have still been experiencing the "tension headaches along with other strange yet mild headaches. Sometimes I get cold sensations in my legs, feet and hand (all on the right side). Could all of this be my health anxiety! Any similar stories!? I'm at my waits end and this has consumed my life and I am finding it hard to be the mom I need to be and used to be to my 2.5 year old. I have been doing some cognitive behavioral therapy and taking exercise classes but it hasn't eased it yet.
    Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Eyebrow and temple sensation.

I haven't experienced exactly this but I get sensations in my face around the same area that I think are related to tension, I completely get that "eyebrow feels like its drooping" sensation. I get migraines as well but w/o aura. For me these symptoms seem to come and go, sometimes I'll have them for a bit and then they'll disappear for a while which leads me to believe that they could be tension, I think possibly relating to my jaw and shoulder area as I 've begun to realize how I almost always am tensing those areas, I've been trying my best to be more aware of how I hold tension and allowing myself to release it. If your tests are coming back normal it is likely this is a sensation relating to tension which is likely being made worse by your anxiety, but I'm definitely in the same boat so I understand how frustrating it can be.

Thread Information