Thread: So sick 24/7. Can it really be anxiety??

So sick 24/7. Can it really be anxiety??

Hey friends. I’m new here. I have anxiety and Agoraphobia that developed in February. My grandfather passed away and I’ve been this way since. But about a month ago I had what I called a breakdown. Although I don’t understand it. Now this week it is back!

Here’s how it goes:
    Starts off waking up hot and unrested. Can’t eat. Sleep maybe five hours. I’ve lost a lot of weight. I do not have a minute all day that I feel ok. My thoughts won’t leave me alone and are negative. I feel like this will never go away. My arms and legs feel weak and I am just exhausted.

I have been on Xanax 3x a day, 0.5mg. Started Lexapro 5mg a week ago. I just don’t understand how I can literally feel like I am dying. Every single day. It’s like I have some disease and I’m wasting away. My psych says to give this Lexapro a try. Don’t stop. Let it work. So I am doing my best. Will taper up in mg soon.

Please help me. Idk what to do or think. Maybe an Endocrinologist could help??

Re: So sick 24/7. Can it really be anxiety??

Ok, I can definitely tell you about my experience with Lexapro (Escitalopram in this country).

The first time I ever went on it for severe anxiety, I just had a dull headache for about a week with some nausea. After about 1 month, I started to feel a lot better and it really helped my anxiety.

The second time I went on it, I had severe nausea, I felt like I'd got a bad case of the flu, all my limbs hurt and felt like they were buzzing for a whole month, I felt absolutely dreadful. By the 5th week, it started to tail off and I started to feel a lot better! I have no idea why it was different the second time....

I have stayed on 10mg ever since (8 years) as I can't face going through that again.

Hope this helps!

Mark

Wow! That sounds like what I’m going through!!!! How did you make it for a month that way?? It’s been a week and I feel like I am dying. Idk how to keep it up. Everything in me is telling me to stop taking it. But I need help. So idk what to do.

How long have you been taking Xanax?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

If you have been using Xanax for a while it could interdose withdrawals - Xanax is renowned for it so is Ativan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About six weeks.

Hi WanderingSnow,
    Sorry to hear your going through a terrible time.
    I myself went through exactly the same thing as you are going through, although im not on lexapro i suffered with anxiety and panic attacks,lack of sleep and no appetite what
    so ever. My days were just full of dread and negative thoughts it was a living hell.
    My doctor put me on fluoxetine 20mg for the anxiety, he also gave me two weeks of zopiclone to help me sleep and propranolol 40mg 3 times a day or as required. The fluoxetine has taken 7 weeks to start working properly, and i now feel more improvement every day.
    It was the propraolol that was my saviour,its a beta blocker that helps slow down the heart rate and really helps with the anxiety and panic.
    It takes a long time for some antidepressants to work, im no expert but i would stick with it for a couple of more weeks, as i say i went through a terrible time but now i am feeling the benefits.
    Hang in there, just remember its just your brains chemistry that's gone out of sink, and the meds will eventually tune it back in, if that makes sense.
    All the best
    Otterman.

What do I do?

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

Thank you for your help. I am going to do my best!

Hi,
    You need to go back to your doctor and tell him exactly how you are feeling, ask him about meds to take the edge off your anxiety.
    Hope you feel a little better today.
    Otterman.

its all in the mind

Thread Information