Thread: Being scared to death?

Being scared to death?

Long story short. Yesterday it rained all evening till about 4 am. It thundered hard like 3 or 4 times to the point where my house shook and car alarms went off. Each time it thundered hard I shook, the last time it thundered hard I got so scared that my heart started racing and I got up and walked around with headphones in till the storm finally passed at 4am. I could barely sleep because I was googling if you could be scared/frightened to death (which I should not have googled) and apparently you can but it’s extremely rare in healthy people with no pre existing conditions but it “can” happen. So that scared me even more because that thunder was literally a sonic boom like 3 times and each time scared the heck out of me.

Now I’m over here worried that what if that thunder messed me up? I’m already recovering from 2 weeks of panic attacks and crappy sleep and lucky lucky me to now have hard thunder scare me even more.

Am I being irrational?

Re: Being scared to death?

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredAsHeck View Post

Am I being irrational?
    What do you think?

You seem to be finding a new fear what, 3 or 4 times a week? What if you used the time you’re currently spending on Google to treat your anxiety instead? Imagine the progress you could make.

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    What do you think?

You seem to be finding a new fear what, 3 or 4 times a week? What if you used the time you’re currently spending on Google to treat your anxiety instead? Imagine the progress you could make.
    I was getting better until that happened. I was finally sleeping somewhat easier with less anxiety throughout the day. Google literally revived it. I’d like to add that I’m having slight chest pains too, but it’s been about 7 hours since the storm.

The rational side of me says if anything would have happened it would have happened right then and there.

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

So, is the verdict that I’m fine and making myself scared for no reason?

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredAsHeck View Post
    So, is the verdict that I’m fine and making myself scared for no reason?
    What do YOU think?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

If you had a heart condition and were being chased by a lion, maybe.

There is absolutely zero chance of you have anxiety because of thunder killing you.

Unless you were coincidentally struck by lightning.

Thread Information