Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about booking flights

Re: Worried about booking flights

I am really scared about flying al always have been but have been all over the world with my husband and the help of diazepam from the doc ,you just have to believe you can do it and you will be with the person you love so that should make you feel a little bit more secure .If you go onto YouTube the is a pilot made a video to help people that are frightened about flying just book it and don't think about it if you can ( hope you do ).
    Take care Linda. Good luck. Linda. X

I usually book flights last minute I just don’t fancy going after honeymoon due to negative thoughts.

Do I let the anxiety win and get the train to Italy or do I fly and say well I managed spain in April?

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

I have a year to decide that’s not good as it’s a year to worry I know I will worry

People were not supportive on another forum they said I was holding back my partner by not going on flights or booking them

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I have been feeling anxious every day about this as to whether i book a flight or not but I’m like this every time
    Brussels or Paris by Eurostar is much more relaxing than flying and just as romantic. Up to you.

I'd go by train-Eurostar has plenty of attractive locations to offer. Who cares what other people think providing you are both happy and does it really matter? Why add additional anxiety to an already highly stressful situation-planning your wedding. It's your honeymoon/holiday and you can make it as luxurious/special as you want without having to fly anywhere. Plenty of time for flying later on if you feel more comfortable with the prospect then.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'd go by train-Eurostar has plenty of attractive locations to offer. Who cares what other people think providing you are both happy and does it really matter? Why add additional anxiety to an already highly stressful situation-planning your wedding. It's your honeymoon/holiday and you can make it as luxurious/special as you want without having to fly anywhere. Plenty of time for flying later on if you feel more comfortable with the prospect then.
    Yes you are correct. A year ago I decided to get the Eurostar To Paris after first Flying there 4 years ago but since then I have flew to Barcelona and Berlin but I have been to Belgium and Germany and Holland by train which is good as many people fly there.

With Italy I can still go there but the train takes longer I just have to get over my anxiety with long train trips or using a public toilet on a train. My partner worries about lots of travelling with the train but like I say when I take the Eurostar I go from Edinburgh so that’s a good 4/5 hours by train and I’m use to it.

Rome and New York are my dream destinations to visit. I was hoping to try and do New York next few years but I can maybe book last min to avoid long periods of anxiety.

I find flights over to Dublin most relaxing as you are only in the air 30 mins which is better for me.

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:33 ----------

It’s hard as I have made this holiday seem to important as it’s honeymoon i worry I could regret it in years to come if I don’t say spend a long time in Rome but maybe a day visit by train would do.

I had a night in Henley-on -Thames for my honeymoon. I'm still with my OH after 37 years

My Dad and I did Rome in an afternoon by taxi. Why do you need to spend a long time in Rome? Just do what you feel comfortable with? No one is counting the number of days you spend on holiday (other than yourself)

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I had a night in Henley-on -Thames for my honeymoon. I'm still with my OH after 37 years

My Dad and I did Rome in an afternoon by taxi. Why do you need to spend a long time in Rome? Just do what you feel comfortable with? No one is counting the number of days you spend on holiday (other than yourself)
    Cool so did you see all there was to see?

Time is a worry but mostly long train journeys that’s another one of my fears.

Long haul flights, regular flights and long trains are my issue that’s why I have thought well 5 hours to Turin is ok and 4 hours to Rome for a day trip still let’s me see the place and move onto my next trip. A lot of people said you can’t do Rome in a day but I did Amsterdam in a day before

I don’t know how stressful being on a train atleast 4 hours each day for 5 days would be ..perhaps it would be relaxing I feel it’s better than flying. At some point I have to make a choice I have a year but I can book before that. My only wish is Italy was easier to reach. Some people can fly all over all year round and not care but if you have anxiety like me it can mean months of stress

Oh yes, we had our fill of Rome. Seen one Coliseum, you've seen them all...

My daughter and I have done Paris and Brussels via Eurostar in day trips. Yes we are Philistines but we don't care! She is autistic so day trips are doable with the right preparation.

You can upgrade to 1st class on trains for a more comfortable journey and would avoid the hassle of airports/all that angst etc. Ultimately it's your choice though.

Phil, Belgium is awesome as a holiday destination. Brussels is nice but Bruges is in my opinion one of the most romantic towns in Europe. Once you are in Belgium all the other towns are so easy to get to by train and all the journeys are short.

I've also been to Rome for a day. It was nice. Coliseum was ok. My favourite thing there was the Trevi Fountain. Most other things had such huge queues. Pizza was nice there but pizza is just as nice in Belgium and they have amazing range of beers.

Other towns in Belgium worth visiting are Antwerp, Leuven, and Louvain-la-Neuve. The last of these has a Tintin museum which is amazing.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information