Thread: Lightheadedness

Lightheadedness

I'm just curious, do most of you out there have your anxiety and panic triggered by lightheadness? I don't really get the dizziness part of it, but I definitely get that lightheaded feeling along with funny feelings on the sides of my head. That's usually the case for me. I know there's nothing wrong with me medically (blood sugar's fine, had my ears checked recently to check for ear pressure and clogging), but when I'm feeling pretty anxious, I keep thinking I'm going to collapse, stumble, or even faint (even though I have yet to do so!)

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

Whoops, wrong section, can a moderator move this to the symptoms section?

Re: Lightheadedness

I hate the lightheadedness. It's not a dizzy thing for me, either. Just very faint. I've never fainted but had the sensation that i will for 8 months now. Sometimes its stronger than others. I could be just thinking about it and bring it on. The only thing that calmed me down was being told that lightheaded and fainting are different things. And you get tunnel vision and tingly before you faint and you KNOW it's happening and it happens very quickly after you feel faint. My anxiety is exacerbated by the thinking that i'll just black out, out of the blue, which isn't accurate.

The other thing that worked is calling my body out on it. E.g "OK, FAINT! You've got 20 seconds then I'm getting on with my day." I never faint and it stops the panicking.

If you are just lightheaded, it's horrible, but it doesn't mean you'll faint.

I don't have a cause for the lightheadedness either. Doctor just said "These things happen to our bodies..you can't expect to feel perfectly fine all the time." Real helpful.

I agree , your body goes through many sensations. If you worry a lot you can have anxiety affects pop in and then you get anxious which leads to more signs and next thing you know your panicky. I have light headedness a lot. I work out and have anxiety so it happens and yes I call it out or just keep moving on.

Hey

We are doing what the medical profession tell us to do. Listen to our bodies, its just our bodies are lying.

Mee

Thread Information