Thread: ever feel as your dozing off you feel like your heaet slowing wake up gasping

ever feel as your dozing off you feel like your heaet slowing wake up gasping

I've tried to nap this afternoon feel so tired but every time I drop off I awake with a gasp like heart slowing down or breathing it's odd feeling and annoying as I want a sleep
    Happened 4 times now ,have had it odd times in the past does anybody else please?

Re: ever feel as your dozing off you feel like your heaet slowing wake up gasping

Must be more common than i thought This has been happening to me I have had it every now and again but the other night I had it so many times I dont have a clue what it is so can't be much to help but your not alone I went to doctors about it and was told anxiety but if you find out please let me know

Re: ever feel as your dozing off you feel like your heaet slowing wake up gasping

I get it too bro. It sucks.

All the time Julia. It is a scary scary feeling but know you're not alone. I get both the feeling of slow heart and gasp for air.

Mine started when I had my first panic attack. Try to sleep at a slight angle, that has helped me. Do it by lifting the head of your bed, not by putting a ton of pillows under your head.

I also avoid napping on the couch as this is where it happens to me the most. In my angled bed it does not happen as much.

Best wishes

Yeah I had this for a few months intermittently after my first panic attack, but I had an ECG and since then I've had no heart concerns.

Thread Information