Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brain tumor fear please please please help

brain tumor fear please please please help

Hi everyone,

I've had a headache for 2 months now constant and my left eye has been twitching. I have been to hospital because I was so worried, I had a brain ct scan and a chest x ray and came back normal, I told the doctor this week I still have headaches and eye pain and she advised me it's tension headaches and can last month's. I'm so worried but I have to trust the doctors and hospital that I'm ok, it's still keeps me up all night scared, I really think I have a brian tumor and going to die.

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Anyone

Re: brain tumor fear please please please help

i too have had a constant headache for about that long but i can say with alot of certainty that while this truly sucks i dont have a brain tumor and neither do you..as your doctor said it is most likely tension..its no fun though :-(.. keep the faith that it will get better and see a neurologist if you can

Thank you, why do I keep thinking it's a brain tumour. I wake up with it and go to sleep with it, I feel like this is the end of me.

because you are looking for an explanation for your pain and have convinced yourself that the only explanation is a brain tumor..it isnt..the brain interprets many nerve muscle or skeletal or even psychological issues as 'headache'.. your pain at this point in time may be constant and real but that does not mean it is from cancer..1000 other non terminal things cause pain..doesnt make pain hurt any less but your life is almost certainly not in danger

Thank you, I sitting here now crying.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

What's test have you had?

it will be ok.. i would advise you talk to your doctor about the not sleeping and see if they can help you out there..because not sleeping is not going to help your headache..ive had to take a pill to sleep since this headache problem started which i dont like but ive got two kids and a job so i do what i gotta do to function as long as it doesnt involve opiates :-).. for me it helps that my wife suffered with migraines for a long time and my dad once had the constant long lasting headache but for her it was hormones and for my dad it was indeed neck muscle tension and both were resolved with proper medication

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

to answer your question i have had ct scan and allergy testing neither turned up anything

Would a ct scan pick up a tumor

i have no medical training but i would guess in most cases it would especially if the tumor was big enough to cause symptoms
    unfortunately the first thing anybody thinks when something is wrong with them is cancer ..this spring i lost fifteen pounds had night sweats and weakness and all sorts of crazy symptoms and i was sure it had to be cancer..it wasnt it was glandular fever..that didnt mean i was not in for a truly awful recovery time but it also meant i was not dying..unfortunately there is alot of bad s##t out there that wont kill you but will make you miserable for a while

Thanks for your advise and hope you feel better. Do you still have your headache

yup i do have my headache still.. have since end of june..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information