Thread: Tooth abscess?

Tooth abscess?

So lately I have been having a lot of left temple pain and neck tension. Now here's the anxiety part. My top left teeth have hurt on occasion. So I'm scrolling thru Facebook and there's a article on tooth abscesses and how they can kill you! So now I'm sitting in bed wondering if all my pain has been from a lurking gross thing I my teeth. I should note that it has been eh hmmm a while since I've been to the dentist. Like years. I know I should go but it's a major fear I have. So how would I know if I have an access? My teeth look fine but sometimes they do hurt for s little while. Help!

Re: Tooth abscess?

I've had an infection due to a broken wisdom tooth. Infection is something you will feel pain-wise, it's not pleasant.

Could it more like be Bruxism? Clenching/grinding? That causes temple pain, headaches, tooth/gum aches, inability to fully open/close the jaw (pressure is felt), etc.

If you had an abscess, you would know. The pain stands out.

I don't know what you have read but I'm guessing it's about how abscesses can leak back into the bloodstream? My brother left an abscess once and he felt really quite bad after a while due to that.

If you have an abscess in your jaw, you will know. The pain ranges from severe if you accidentally bite on the tooth over the abscess, to excruciating all the time. I had an abscess where I was vomiting with the pain. After a sleepless night I managed to get an emergency dental appointment in the morning and have my tooth pulled out (the tooth was a goner, anyway).

Just agreeing with above - had an abscess around my wisdom tooth last year, and boy did I know! The worst pain I've ever known (and I've had back surgery!). Possible that you're grinding your teeth, combined with tight anxiety muscles, perhaps?

Well based on some googling that thankfully turned out well I think I suffer from exertion headaches. I think. I'm going to see my dr and talk to him and see what he says.

Thread Information