Thread: Diaphragm acting really strange

Diaphragm acting really strange

Okay so the area located directly below my rib cage (in the exact center) has been acting up the past month or so. It’s really got my anxiety off the charts.

It started with these random single hiccups. I’ve had them very rarely for quite a while but all of a sudden I’m having them about 20 times a day. It’s worse after I eat, but they happen often after not eating too. Last week I had this really weird problem where I tried to eat and I got this insanely sharp pain in the same area until I stopped eating. It only lasted two days but the hiccups continued.

I’ve been trying to ignore them but they’re hard to ignore when they’re all the time. For some reason tonight I’ve been having a really bad case of shortness of breath and heart palpitations. What really set me off was a few minutes ago I took a deep breath and that area quivered. I have never felt anything like it and now I’m led to believe something is seriously wrong with my diaphragm.

I’m so scared that all of a sudden I won’t be able to breath at all. It just sucks. For a brief moment I decided to google my symptoms to see if I could get any relief and I read that my diaphragm could become paralyzed because of nerve damage? Can nerve damage be caused by a concussion? I got one of those a few month ago. And my doctor is trying to figure out why I’m mysteryiously anemic.

I’m just really scared and miserable right now.

Re: Diaphragm acting really strange

Same problem here. Did u fix it

Re: Diaphragm acting really strange

I had that for a year or so once; frightened the life out of me but went away eventually. It happened after I did a few days of constant heavy lifting, so I suspect it was a muscle injury of some sort.

Thread Information