Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Pancreatic cancer

Re: Pancreatic cancer

You’ve been worried about this for 2 full months. Knowing what you’ve read about pancreatic cancer, do you think you’d still be alive/functioning if you had it?!?!

Of course I don’t reasonably expect a rational answer, but figured I’d take a shot.

What are your chest sensations?
    Do you still have abdominal sensations?

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper1 View Post
    Oh how i wish i just knew what the diagnosis is...................
    I checked with gp on liver function test results and specifically bilirubin and it is normal. The faecal elastase test has also come back normal....this is one of the tests that the consultant had instructed so i was surprised it was ok.

GP said their scale for fasting glucose is 3.8-6 and my reading of 6.7 was not very far out and she wasnt concerned by it. i specifically asked if she was sure there was not a need to re image the pancreas and she said definitely not.
    Physical symptoms caused by anxiety IMO. Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    You’ve been worried about this for 2 full months. Knowing what you’ve read about pancreatic cancer, do you think you’d still be alive/functioning if you had it?!?!

Of course I don’t reasonably expect a rational answer, but figured I’d take a shot.
    I suppose it would have gotten worse in that time. Instead new things keep cropping up

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    What are your chest sensations?
    Do you still have abdominal sensations?

The abdominal sensations are less. The chest sensation is on breathing where when I breathe in it suddenly goes flat then makes me cough but not all the time. Been doing this for almost 3 weeks now and really concerning me

I suppose it would have gotten worse in that time. Instead new things keep cropping up

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

The abdominal sensations are less. The chest sensation is on breathing where when I breathe in it suddenly goes flat then makes me cough but not all the time. Been doing this for almost 3 weeks now and really concerning me
    It is not pancreatic cancer

Your GP is distancing herself from you, you say your best friend hasn't returned your call and your sister won't talk about your health...

Can you just consider the fact that you may not have PC? You have a week off work to ruminate and worry yourself over symptoms which have been assessed many times. Maybe it's the time to contact your friend again and not talk about symptoms at all?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Your GP is distancing herself from you, you say your best friend hasn't returned your call and your sister won't talk about your health...

Can you just consider the fact that you may not have PC? You have a week off work to ruminate and worry yourself over symptoms which have been assessed many times. Maybe it's the time to contact your friend again and not talk about symptoms at all?
    My friend has made it clear he wants distance for a few weeks to sort himself out. I have considered the possibility I don't have pancreatic cancer but that thought doesn't last. I have gp telephone appt tomorrow and need to tell her about the breathing thing and the on going sweating. It's 5 months since the back pains and pale yellow stool yet I am still no further forward in knowing what is wrong

How did your meeting with the psychiatrist go?

Meeting went okay. She is referring me back into the teams services but that could take 5 months. In the meantime she gave the name of a local organisation that is a bit of a stop gap until the team services can kick in. They havent abandoned me now that they see that i am willing to accept that their is something going on mentally with me.

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

Today i am getting stabbing pains to the right of my sternum and its really freaking me out. This is not the first time but it does it for a few seconds then dies down. A while later it comes back. Am really freaking out and of course that is going to mean another gp appointment . Last one i reported the chest issue and she has said that if the cough goes on for another week then she would have me in to listen to the chest and may x ray it.

Oh i wish she would x ray it cos at least that would eliminate or otherwise if anything has gone to the chest. No doubt its going to take a couple of weeks to see the gp.

Meeting went okay. She is referring me back into the teams services but that could take 5 months. In the meantime she gave the name of a local organisation that is a bit of a stop gap until the team services can kick in. They havent abandoned me now that they see that i am willing to accept that their is something going on mentally with me.[COLOR="

I hear you re the stabbing pains. I got some yesterday in my upper left abdomen which spread to my back. Lasted about 3 seconds. Freaked me out rather, but might’ve been gas related? (I had just eaten loads of lentils then gone for a run!!)

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

I do wish the psych services would do more for you though...
    Do you have a crisis number to call?

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread Information