Thread: Dizzy sinking feeling

Dizzy sinking feeling

Hello, I've recently started CBT and I'm on day 8 of fluxeotine for my health anxiety. I feel like I'm starting to accept that my symptoms are mainly due to anxiety but they're still really troubling me. I've had head pains on and off for 2 weeks now along with dizziness and a terrible spaced out feeling with aches/pains.

One symptom I'm experiencing at the minute is a horrible sinking feeling of dizziness that I can't really explain. It seems to happen more when I'm at a certain angle or lying in a certain position, all of a sudden I get the feeling that my gut is sinking and an intense surge of dizziness goes through me. I've heard people say they get something similar but I'm not sure if this is quite the same? Trying my best not to tie this together with my head pains, weird head sensations and dizziness but struggling at the minute, it seems to be becoming more frequent. I was also out at a restaurant the other day and felt like my legs were moving without my body, I felt really spaced out like I was about to collapse but thankfully I didn't. Docs won't do an MRI as they don think my symptoms correlate with anything such as a brain tumour but they're persisting and worsening at the moment.

Re: Dizzy sinking feeling

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave92 View Post
    Hello, I've recently started CBT and I'm on day 8 of fluxeotine for my health anxiety. I feel like I'm starting to accept that my symptoms are mainly due to anxiety but they're still really troubling me. I've had head pains on and off for 2 weeks now along with dizziness and a terrible spaced out feeling with aches/pains.

One symptom I'm experiencing at the minute is a horrible sinking feeling of dizziness that I can't really explain. It seems to happen more when I'm at a certain angle or lying in a certain position, all of a sudden I get the feeling that my gut is sinking and an intense surge of dizziness goes through me. I've heard people say they get something similar but I'm not sure if this is quite the same? Trying my best not to tie this together with my head pains, weird head sensations and dizziness but struggling at the minute, it seems to be becoming more frequent. I was also out at a restaurant the other day and felt like my legs were moving without my body, I felt really spaced out like I was about to collapse but thankfully I didn't. Docs won't do an MRI as they don think my symptoms correlate with anything such as a brain tumour but they're persisting and worsening at the moment.
    Well, you just discovered how the expression "I have a gut feeling" entered the language. It is exactly that=nothing serious at all.

I am really glad to hear that you're taking your medications and doing CBT-I know it's a long way, but you'll get there. You're on the right track, rest assured!

One symptom I'm experiencing at the minute is a horrible sinking feeling of dizziness that I can't really explain. It seems to happen more when I'm at a certain angle or lying in a certain position, all of a sudden I get the feeling that my gut is sinking and an intense surge of dizziness goes through me. I've heard people say they get something similar but I'm not sure if this is quite the same?

Hi
    A couple of weeks ago I put a post on here about nearly phoning an ambulance.... It was down to that feeling
    I get that exact same feeling... I feel like my tummy sinks then I get very dizzy and it's just horrible! I know how you feel!
    Reassurance will help in the short term but I've had an mri and I am fine, how do you think the CBT is going?

it's horrible i have no explanation for it. the head pains and aches are ongoing as well, i just wish they'd stop. i feel really off balance when i walk around. The CBT today was just the therapist getting to know me and discussing my worries and past events so i'm hoping next weeks session will explore my issues in further detail. The medication isn't doing anything yet except giving me headaches

I also have had pains I think it's down to be anxious and having tension in my neck!!
    I feel off balance all the time especially when I walk. My fiancé says I look drunk!
    I hate it so so much. :( I get really dizzy when i exercise to and start to worry about my heart... It's so frustrating!!
    The CBT will help

Unhappy Re: Dizzy sinking feeling

I legit have the same feelings, and I know your post was years ago, but I want you to know that I am 15 and have the same exact thing you are describing, it is terrible, and I am SO scared!!!

Thread Information