Page 493 of 507 FirstFirst ... 393443483491492493494495503 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 5061

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

It's definitely having an amphetamine effect on me! I don't feel as wired today after taking the slow release 75mg though but am still having some se's such as big pupils and poor appetite.

I can't understand why my doc gave it to me when he knows I already have sleep problems! Anyway, I've come this far, I'm going to carry on and see what happens but I'll speak to my doc on Monday I think about my concerns. x

My appetite was very poor when I started on them, i lost an awful amount of weight but as I slowly got better it increased again. The dilated pupils do go too but they freaked me out at the beginning! It is supposedly a very good AD but usually prescribed as a last resort when others have failed like with me XX

Yeah, my doctor had me on an SSRI years ago, with less than satisfactory results. Rather than cycle me through all the SSRIs, he chose venlaxafine. Of course, he has had very good success with his SAD patients with it, and it is indicated for the seasonal. Effexor slow release. SO GLAD we didn't have to go on to try all the others. I am however keeping an ear out for similar meds to cycle off onto, if it becomes necessary to take a break from it (poop out). I am heartened that lots of people have been using this med for several years with no problems, though, so I remain hopeful that won't be necessary.

Hi maminooka
    My doc said it was ok to take 15mg of zopiclone...infact it says so on the packet. I took it every night at the same time and at first it gave me about 5 hours of sleep and gradually this got longer. 7.5mg doesn't work for my friend either, she has to take the higher dose. Looking at that article about ven and amphetamine ...I took it to mean that it may produce amphetamine like effects in patients with a history of alcohol or drug abuse..that's what it says at the end of the article.

hi guys, I'd like to ask you a quick question here. I've noticed a lot of ppl here have tried one or more ssri's before going on effexor. My experience with escitalopram has been three months of being even more ill than I was before, without any improvement at all, therapeutic or side effects. So all it did was makeme really sick. Now after 2 weeks on sertraline I feel slightly different but not less shitty. Does anyone recognise such reaction to ssri's, who benefited from effexor? Or does anyone know what this bad reaction to ssri's means? I've been so sick for so long, and I've tried the non medicine route for a long time without any improvement. And yet I haven't been like this for my whole life so I feel like I should be able to get the old me back if i just get the right help. Do you guys think I should try effexor? I was referred to this thread im sorry if its not the right one. Good luck everyone. Any postiive stories woudl be lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by supdudes View Post
    hi guys, I'd like to ask you a quick question here. I've noticed a lot of ppl here have tried one or more ssri's before going on effexor. My experience with escitalopram has been three months of being even more ill than I was before, without any improvement at all, therapeutic or side effects. So all it did was makeme really sick. Now after 2 weeks on sertraline I feel slightly different but not less shitty. Does anyone recognise such reaction to ssri's, who benefited from effexor? Or does anyone know what this bad reaction to ssri's means? I've been so sick for so long, and I've tried the non medicine route for a long time without any improvement. And yet I haven't been like this for my whole life so I feel like I should be able to get the old me back if i just get the right help. Do you guys think I should try effexor? I was referred to this thread im sorry if its not the right one. Good luck everyone. Any postiive stories woudl be lovely.
    Try it. I went through half a dozen ssri's before my doctor put me on these. It works for me and it worked almost instantly too!

Quote Originally Posted by supdudes View Post
    I had a similar experience where I was prescribed Cymbalta. Tried it for three months with no effect. GP then put me on Citalopram, and I stuck it out for about five months. It didn't have the desired effect so GP changed it to Sertraline 50mg, gradually increasing to 100 then 150. After about three months I must admit I felt better, the thoughts of ending it were replaced by more positive ideas and I started a handyman business. Been doing it for a couple of years now with a fair bit of success. I also overcame my fear of flying and visited my daughter who lives in Abu Dhabi twice last year.
    I still have the odd few days where it all flares up again but it passes.
    Good luck, and I hope you find the right med soon.

Hi i tried a few ADs before venlafaxine, the worst being citalopram, i had took citalopram in the past so I just figured it would work again but no it infact made me 100 times worse even tho I gave it a good 3 months, i was then tried on 2 tricyclic ADs but they did the same, i then tried mirt but that made me a suicidal wreck and eventually I was given venlafaxine which is a SRNI and after gradually increasing my dose it really helped me and I was able to lead a stable life unfortunately I had to reduce my dose due to being pregnant but sadly I had a miscarriage so I have now increased to my original dose and hoping that will enable me to get back to 'normal' again. I would def recommend you try it, there's a few of us on here who take ven successfully XX

Tnx for responding ya'll. I really feel like there should be something out there for me that works. My symptoms are hyperventilation, muscle tension, being dizzy, seeing double, electric shocks, restless legs, stabs in chest, tinitus, muscle spasms, loss of appetite, headaches bad taste in mouth, nausea etc. I have all these things 24 a day for a year now. Certainly it should at least get better than this I'd say. I'll give sertraline some time to kick in and otherwise I think I'll try out effexor. Getting a bit desperate, hope I find something. I know I can live fearless because I did it for the first 20,5 years of my life. Its so weird that I can't get out of this now. Well anyways, it was good to hear your stories. I love you all. Big hugs from Holland,

Bram

Lol I still get the restless legs in the evenings like right now, and the tinitus well, it's like leaking compressed air, all the time.
    Now you stick in with the Sertraline Bram, give it time it's a good ssri.

Page 493 of 507 FirstFirst ... 393443483491492493494495503 ... LastLast

Thread Information