Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you feel your pulse in your Stomach?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can you feel your pulse in your Stomach?

I keep feeling my pulse in my stomach. Sometimes I can even see my stomach pulsing (particularly when laying on my back.) I'm worrying it could be an aortic aneurysm, even though I know they're rare at my age (I'm 33 a year old female). I have varicose veins in my legs from pregnancies, which seems like it could make me more likely to have a swelling in my aorta too. I'm not overweight (138lbs), so is it normal to feel my pulse so strongly in my stomach? Can anyone else feel theirs too?

Re: Can you feel your pulse in your Stomach?

I can feel and see my pulse in my stomach, that is absolutely normal hun. I can see my pulse jumping in stomach, honestly this is normal, you may be more aware of it because of anxiety, but please don't worry.

Yes this is normal, the stomach has one of the various pulse points around the body, sometimes you can see a pulse in your ankles too

Anna

I had noticed this sometimes too, especially when laid in bed. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Yes - I can see my pulsing, especially when laying in bed.

Hi Cat

I too get this I can feel a protruding lump near my belly button and the pulse is very strong not always .. I used to worry about it but to be honest i've been getting it for years now so it obviously isn't too much to worry bout ..

In fact when it is so strong that it worries me I think I must speak to the doctor and then I forget all about it...so still haven't lol.

big hug

i was worrying about this too, funnily enough i got it yesterday. thinking about it though i have had this in the past. good to know others get it too.

sarah x

Hi i can see my pulse in my stomach too had this for around 5 years some times seems much stonger at night do anyone feel stronger pulse when under stress also have strong palpitations to go with it some times too
    cheers robert

I've had this for ages, but it seems to have gotten much worse of late. Seconds after I've laid down in bed I can start feeling (and seeing) a really strong pulse slightly to the left of my belly button. It's driving me nuts and makes me feel really squeamish. Last night I couldn't get to sleep for ages because it was so strong. It seems to get a bit better if I lie on my side, but I find that uncomfortable.

In the past I wasn't usually bothered about it, but because it's getting so constant I'm starting to worry about what could be causing it. Sometimes I get into bed feeling content and not worried/anxious at all (nor thinking about the pulsing), and yet it still comes on straightaway. In the morning when I wake up it's gone.

I'm having an abdominal ultrasound next week because of a few problems I've been having, and I'm just worried that this is somehow connected.

I have this as well. Once, about 7 years ago I got admitted to a&e after fainting following some severe abdo pain (turned out to be bloody ovulation of all things!) but the junior doctor that examined me put the fear of God into me by saying out loud that he thought I had an aortic aneurysm. When the surgical doctor came he told him off and said that he would be more concerned if he couldn't feel the aorta pulse on someone so slim.

I have worried on and off since as that is my anxious nature, but seriously, it is actually common and I know deep down it is nothing to get worried about. I can count my pulse from looking at my tummy through a jumper sometimes..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information