Thread: Work trial and stomach playing up!

Work trial and stomach playing up!

Hi guys!
    I haven't posted in a while but as I've been getting better I thought its time to try and get off the benefits and become a working woman again!!

I had a job interview last week for petsathome and as terrified as I was when it got into it was fine and I actually really enjoyed it!

I had an email come through saying I've been invited to the next bit which is a work trial and a half an hour one to one interview and I want this job ooo bad and I looove animals and everyone's seemed lovely whom I met but as it gets closer to the interview my (self diagnosed) IBS has been playing up so much it starting to really worry me!

My bowel movements keep changing and bad gas pains that can only be relieved by passing gas and I'm really hoping it's going to clear up by the interview but honestly I am terrified now.

The work trial is an hour and half and interview is half an hour but does anyone know any ways to relieve this? I really don't want to lose this opportunity as I've been doing so well!!

Re: Work trial and stomach playing up!

Hi,
    first off congratulations on getting the interview.
    a few things that might help: chamomile tea (for nerves) fennel tea (get it at the supermarket in bags is very good for gas and bloating) ginger ( general digestive aid)

Heat helps when I have stomach pain from IBS, I carry a heat pad ( the ones you use for menstrual cramps) with me to work just incase.

And you might also try going to a pharmacist and seeing if you could take any medicines if you need it for bowel issues. I'd have these as a last case scenario but it might put your mind at ease if you know you have something to take.

hopefully once you get into it your enjoyment will take over and you'll be too busy for the tummy to give you trouble

best wishes

Good luck with the interview. Everyone gets a nervous tummy before a situation like that. Just try to relax and be yourself. The interviewer will make allowances for nerves.

Vicky23 has given some good tips above.

Hope all goes well for you and congratulations getting so far as returning to the workforce.

I take Buscopan 8 a day. Does anyone else have success with these.

Buscopan help with my cramps when I have an IBS flare up but for the condition in general I've found meberverine works best for me.

Touch wood I haven't had a bad episode for some time

Thread Information