Thread: one thing after another

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

one thing after another

Three yrs ago my mum was diagnosed with stage four breast cancer, she died this time last year. Ever since my mums diagnoses i have been suffering from anxiety, health anxiety in particular. It is literally one illness after the other and is ruining my life. I have been certain that i have been dying from HIV, melanoma, bone cancer and at the moment im convinced i have a brain tumor as i have had a headache for over a week. Googling my symptoms is usually the first thing i do which always confirms my worst fears. I dont know what to do anymore this is consuming me and my partner is just about ready to leave me. He tells me his sick of me crying and being depressed and wants somebody normal. I dont want to be like this anymore i want to enjoy my life because what really is going to kill me is all this stress.

Re: one thing after another

Honey (((hug)))

Have you thought about seeing a counsellor or a therapist about this? What does your gp think?

I think it would be good for you to go and talk to someone about how you are feeling. I know how easy it is to get into this health anxiety frenzy and it is usually caused by little things like and illness after another.

Anyway maybe have a talk to your gp about it as they may recommend you go and see someone to talk to and they may refer you.

All the best aye

Hello Danni, I'm really sorry to hear that. ((Hugs)).

I can well understand how your feeling as it is hard as i
    often feel like when i get certain pains and aches there is a medical
    explanation so i always tell my gp and get some support as i think you
    should too. All the best. xxxx

losing your mum is bound to make you feel like this, you need to speak to your gp and maybe he will recommend councelling, three years is not a long time to get over losing your mum and I know, my mum died on my 22nd birthday and it took years to get over it, infact I dont think you ever fully get over it, sorry
    as for your partner, well he should be supporting you at this time and if he doesnt then is he really worth it, sorry I speak my mind, take care

I am so sorry you are going through this. ((hugs)) I know what you are going through. My anxiety started 4 years ago after a hospital stay, and since then it’s been one thing after another for me too. Aside from the fear, it’s the frustration of it all. It can be to much sometimes.

Thread Information