Thread: Painful fingers and toes along with some pins and needles

Painful fingers and toes along with some pins and needles

I am currently freaking out about some sensations I have been having in my fingers and toes. I get recurring but not constant pain deep inside my index fingers and several of my toes. I also get pins and needles in my feet. Occasionally I get a burning sensation down the back of my legs and into my feet. This has been going on for months. I have been battling HA for years but this is new and really scary. All the horrible neuro diseases come to mind and I am trying really hard not to google. I do exercise a few times a week. Generally speaking, my back is usually stiff but no sharp pains. I have generally attributed this to being tense. I hope it is something to do with my back but I can’t help but worry about all the terrible diseases and heart disease. Could this really be just anxiety? Someone please talk to me and give me some hope. I am in a really bad place right now.

Re: Painful fingers and toes along with some pins and needles

Hello J2,

I quite often get tingling, pins and needles and even numbness especially in my extremities - have even had this happen on the tip of my nose and my lip too! I've had anxiety for many years and never experienced these symptoms before about 5 years ago - I hadn't realised at the time that they were classic anxiety-related symptoms! I also have a trapped nerve and found that my left arm and leg would go "extra" numb - of course, I thought I was having a stroke or a heart attack!! I should have realised that spending hours sitting at the computer or even spending time digging the garden aggravated this trapped nerve!

I'm sure you'll find that a lot of us anxiety-sufferers experience similar symptoms to yours. Maybe try a search on this site -NOT GOOGLE - for numbness, tingling, pins and needles - you'll find lots of posts about it.

Take care,

Wendy

doodah,

Do you ever get pain besides the pins and needles? Especially pain in very specific areas like the tip of a finger but not the rest of the hand? I am just beside myself with anxiety right now and I am resisting the urge to call my doctor since I am sure he will dismiss it as anxiety, which of course it probably is but my mind is screaming MS or ALS or stroke. Thanks in advance.

J2

Hello again J2,

Well, I get all sorts of weird and wonderful pains I do get a burning sensation inside the back of my leg at times, also in my neck and stabbing pains which can happen anywhere. I also sometimes feel like the inside of my feet are tingling, if that makes any sense. I do get good old arthritis and often used to put it down to that, but I'm pretty sure it's all anxiety-related.

If it really is worrying you though, maybe it will put your mind at rest if you saw your doctor? I know we tend to fear the worst but your symptoms really do sound like they're anxiety-related.

Hope this helps,

Wendy

Thread Information