Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cats and Dogs :D

Cats and Dogs :D

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or seems a bit daft but I find being with my cats very relaxing. When I am alone at home and I feel anxiety building, I go into a quiet room with one of my cats and just start stroking her fur. There just seems to be something very relaxing about breathing deeply and stroking the cat at the same time!!!

Does anyone else do the same or am I a total froot loop? lol....I think there's been some research done on the fact that pets lower your blood pressure. Maybe I'm cracking up under the stress of Christmas!!!

Lexxie xxx

No Lexxie, pets are proven to be very therapeutic. My cat is a rescue kitty and is a disaster as doesn't sit on my lap. However my 2 dogs love me unconditionally and I sit stroking them all the time.

Jo

Hi Lexxie,as Joanne said pets are very theraputic.I would never be without my dogs and cat.They can always sense when something is wrong.They give me great compfort.You are not cracking up.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS

Ellen XX

Hi Lexxie pets are a great way to relax ,my westie is a distraction from anx for sure.I know they use this in hospices all the time .Animals bring great calmness to us all.
    Mazz.x

Ahhh my fav subject!! [Yes!][Yes!]

Animals are verrrrryyy theraputic(god I can't spell today) I think they are pretty much the cure-all for all mental and physical aliments. Although I am partial to dogs as I'm allergic to cats......

Ohh I have my ponies too.(their horses but their "my ponies" don't ask me why). If anyone ever has the chance to ride.....best thing in the world! Horses will teach your more about life than anything else.

well going back to my hole I crawled out from under now. [:P]

If nothing else...I will survive.

To: SSJHSMH-You are light and my heart and strength. I will protect you in this life or the next always.

Hi Lexxie

**Maybe I'm cracking up under the stress of Christmas!!!**

Ohh your not cracking up hun, its a well known fact that animals have a calming effect on us humans.

I have seen a programme where they take small animals into an old people home and it makes them feel better.

My sister has a rabbit, she says she feels sooo calm when sitting there stroking it.

Ohhh I seen another programme where a dog could tell its owner when she was about to have an epaleptic (spell check) fit. Ohh it was amazing [:O][:O]

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Fear is the darkroom
    where negatives are developed.....

When you fear something,
    learn as much about it as you can.
    Knowledge conqers fear...

It is definately true that animals are theraputic. My dog is not only my best friend but he is my reason for getting out of bed when things are really bad, and he is my motivation when I am too scared to go out. I just look at his gorgeous little face and I know how much he loves his walks and that's the reason I take a deep breath and go out for a walk. I'm agoraphobic so believe me, it takes some courage. Without knowing it, my little friend is helping me get better. Plus, the excercise and fresh air is good for me!

I love animals too. I've got 2 cats, 3 houserabbits, a hamster and a goldfish.

They don't judge you ever and are always there for you

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

I love animals too. Did anyone watch the amazing programme last night about them developing in the womb? The elephants were amazing. Beautiful animals and very intelligent.

I've got 2 doggies - the youngest is crazy, she doesn't really do cuddling, only playing and she thinks she is the boss. The eldest is a sweetheart, he loves to cuddle and nuzzles his soft wee face into my neck. They are the best friends you could ever wish for.

Hello everyone

So it's not just me then lol.....seems like alot of people can see the benefit of having animals around!

Jo....I've got 3 cats at the moment. 2 of them are rescue cats and only one of them will stay on my knee!

Ellen...you're right when you say animals can tell if something is wrong. Whenever I'm upset my tortie cat seems to come from nowhere to keep me company.

Mazz...i know westies well. We had one at home years ago. They are lovely, friendly little dogs.

Mackncody....how lovely to be able to go horseriding. This is something that I've always wanted to do. Maybe I should set it as a goal for the future.

Jill....i had a rabbit when i was a kid but my mum gave it away because it bit me lol.

Shoegal.....i know what you mean. When things are bad my cats are brilliant company and there's nothing like the sound of miaowing for Whiskas to get you up in the morning!

Kate ....yep no judgement and unconditional love. What more could a girl want lol

Nel...i didn't see that programme. I wonder will it get repeated?

The other thing i like doing is feeding the birds in the garden. I love watching them fly down onto the bird feeders. Seems to take my mind off things a bit. Anyone else do this?

Lexxie xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information