Thread: Introducing myself to the forum

Red face Introducing myself to the forum

Hi

I am brand new to this forum. i have been suffering from anxiety since January this year, with suffering two major anxiety attacks.
    I was prescribed 2mg of diazepan which helped me alot, but I only did have to take one a day for 3 days. i then felt as if my anxiety was subsiding until I took another attack in Feburary. I had to take two 2mg of diazepan to ease the anxiety, plus I had a 8 hour ferry journey to endure the next morning.
    I can now connect my anxiety to those I have been trying to help over the years. I convinced myself I was riddled with cancer as my grandfather died, plus I have been helping my neighbour who has terminal cancer for nearly a year.
    I recently went away to to visit my father who does not seem to be well, which convinced me I was ill. I went a way with the family for a few days, but I spent most of the trip convincing myself I was ill.
    I do not take any medication and I try to work through it, but I am trying to rush things in order for me to get back to normal.

Hi calunacampbell

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Introducing myself to the forum

Hi there and welcome,

Glad you have joined and hope you find lot of helpful information on the site and from the other members. It is good that you are working through your problems. I also did it without medication but it does take time and over time you should see great progress.

Re: Introducing myself to the forum

Hi there and a big, warm

I know you'll find lots of people here who share your experiences and that you'll also be able to give a lot to others.

Take care and keep posting

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information