Thread: surreal feeling :-(

surreal feeling :-(

Hello, im just wanting your advise and wondered if anybody has had these thoughts??. Today i went back to work after 5 weeks off!(panic attacks) I was alittle bit anxious about it but thought the longer i leave it the worse ill will be. All day ive been feeling very low just not in the mood :-(,once ive come home ive got a rational thought about suicide its something i not do but a fear keeps cropping up in my mind like a dare. I was wondering if anybody has these fear thoughts?. Over the past week my mind keeps saying you dont love your husband which i know i do dearly, its like an evil thought that comes and goes. Am i just making phobias cause im getting depressed??.
    Advise and your thoughts would be appreciated :-)

Re: surreal feeling :-(

I think when you are anxious and low it will start making you think a lot worse thoughts. A lot of the intrusive thoughts will come and make you question everything and make you think that it will not go away. You need to try to lower the state of anxiety and also dismiss all those thoughts because they are not true thoughts.

Just try to focus on a positive, I know it can be difficult but its the only way.

Hi there,

I was going to say the same. I get horrible intrusive thoughts sometimes, but I've learned that they're just caused by anxiety and don't represent how I really feel. Try to just acknowledge as an intrusive thought and don't think any further about it.

I hope that helps

hello casswhite
    sorry to hear your feeling this way it sounds horrible. maybe its just a case of when you have spare time your mind starts going over things and creating problems possible because of your anxiety and always fearing the worst i used to have this a lot.
    i used to go the gym or for a bike ride to distract myself for a few hours which i found really helped. also amybe just having a rant on her or chat would also help just to get these feelings out of your head so they dont keep going round and round.
    hope i helped xxx

I have just started taking citalopram having first used it 12years ago, and last night woke up with horrid intrusive thoughts about harming people, it triggered a massive attack which seems to have continued throughout my day, have done some research and is not as unusual as it seems, but it has really freaked me out to the point of stopping the meds, which had really helped me in the past.

Thread Information