Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many times have you convinced yourself you're dying?

Re: How many times have you convinced yourself you're dying?

I'm struggling at the mo as I'm going through horrible thoughts that I'm dying and there is something wrong with my heart I had an episode a few weeks ago where my heart was doing 200bpm but by time got to hospital it had slowed down then it went very slow for a few days I'm now waiting to have a monitor but I'm so scared I'm going to die I get horrible night sweats and haven't slept prop for weeks it's just awful I can't snap out of that I'm ok

Re: How many times have you convinced yourself you're dying?

Lost count how many times! Currently in the 'appendicitis' fear at the mo even though I have very little pain, it isn't constant, can still eat etc - my brain wont switch off the fact that no! It must be appendicitis!

The last time I fully convinced myself I was dying was at the start of summer this year. I suffer from migraines a lot but I usually just the headache and nausea, the only kind of aura I get beforehand usually is just not feeling quite right and very tired but in this case, I had the migraine - the pain went away and then I got the visual aura for the first time and I went numb down one side and it scared the absolute crap out of me. I was outside when it happened too which made it even scarier. I tried to call NHS24 but they were shut because the GP surgeries were still open (it was 5:25pm when it happened to they would be shutting in 5 mins which is why I thought I would be better calling NHS24 instead) I managed to get through to my surgery and I explained that I thought I was having a stroke or something but they said because I am only 23 it wouldn't have been that. Even though they were closing, a kind doctor agreed to see me. As soon as I mentioned the dark spot and then the zig zag lines, he said instantly it was an aura and although terrifying, nothing to worry about. He also said he gets them too and they still scare him even though he knows what they are. That was the worst panic attack I ever took. Took me weeks to have the courage to go out again after that because all I could worry about is having another aura like that outside again.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information