Thread: lymph nodes again

lymph nodes again

I've suddenly started focussing on my neck lymph nodes again. I've had one lump there since at least Jan 09 and the second one since that I first felt in May this year. They are alway there and are both relatively small, around 1cm maybe less sometimes you can feel them more than others. I am just really concerned why they never totally go away though. Something it hurts when I press around that area of my neck like today and sometimes when exercising on the crosstrainer I get a weird pain in my left shoulder like a stitch which worries me as I imagine a tumour is pressing on a nerve. I have had two clear FBC since I first noticed the lump the most recent only a couple of months ago although the doc did say to go back if the second lump ( appear in May) hadn't disappeared but I don't want to go back coz I don't think he'll do any other tests.

I think I am getting more anxious because I am due to attend the skin tumours clinic next week about a mole on my back so that's triggering it all off again as I'm so worried melanoma has spread to my neck nodes!!

Re: lymph nodes again

Heyy!
    I know how you're feeling! I've got to have a lymph node biopsy on a node that I have had in my neck for 15 years.
    Its just over a week away now :S!
    The doctor thinks its a chronic infection - i'm convinced otherwise.

Lymph nodes up to 1.5 cm in diameter are considered normal though so I wouldn't worry too much about them. I have two more in my neck that I can feel which are both about 1cm - the doctor has seen these and didnt say anything!

You will be fine - nodes swell for all sorts of reasons, even a spot can cause it! But i know its hard not to think the worst! I'm exactly the same right now! Let me know how you get on at your appointment xxx

Re: lymph nodes again

I do have mild acne and have quite a few outbreaks and have wondered whether this could be causing it, me first noticing the lump last year does correspond with me coming off the pill and my acne getting a lot worse

Thread Information