Thread: Drunk feeling but have not drank...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Drunk feeling but have not drank...

Hi everyone.

I have been having a feeling like I am really, really drunk over the last week or so, but having not drank anything, I'm getting a bit concerned. Feeling really dizzy and completely spaced out.

Was wondering if anyone else was or has had similar feelings that could be accounted to anxiety????

Dan

-----------------------------
    I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

Dan I have experienced this on at least two occassions. The first time I had challenged myself to go out to a busy restaraunt/pub at the weekend. I managed it but afterwards I began to panic, drove for a good distance and went to sleep in a lay by as I felt so drunk. I had nothing but soft drinks all evening!
    The second time, I was in a general anxious state and had been for about 48 hours. Again I had had nothing but soft drinks but I felt so incredibly drunk. That was I think partly due to extreme tiredness too. I am not sure what causes it but it may be due to lack of oxygen if you are breathing too shallow? It may be the brain being overtired and trying to shut down a bit?
    Hope this is of help?
    happyone

"Today is the day before tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day." wisdom of my daughter!

ps anxiety can definately cause dizziness. Have you learned how to do any deep breathing exercises? They really do help.
    Lie down and breathe in through your nose as deep as you can, beyond your lungs into your diaphragm. Hold it for a count of 5 then breathe slowly out through your mouth. Do this 5-6 times (or more) and it helps to re oxygenate your body.
    Happyone

"Today is the day before tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day." wisdom of my daughter!

Thread Information