Thread: cit and eating

cit and eating

ok so i have a question for you guys and girls, ive been on cit 4 weeks now, one week of raised dose of 20mg, im doing much better and the anxiety i have as a side effect of the cit is getting less and less, i lost my appetite when i started cit and it came back after 9 days, when i upped my dose it happened again, and ive been eating ok for a few days. before i started cit i had a lot of tummy trouble, when id eat my tummy would bubble like mad, i take a real good pro biotic now which has stopped that, but having health anxiety, anything like that goes through the roof

ok so whats been happening is, ill get really hungry, but not really want to eat, then get a little anxious about eating, when i do eat i cant eat much and i feel queasy after eating for about 30 minutes. after having lunch, within about 2 hours my tummy will feel like its starving which i never had before, but i put it off till dinner time, but again when i eat im feeling queasy again afterwards.

has anyone else had this with cit, or is it still the tummy trouble i had before taking cit ? i dont get indigestion after eating, just a queasy feeling in my tummy

Re: cit and eating

ive been on cit for 5 weeks and my stomach is not that good, b4 cit i could eat like a horse. on cit its hit and miss, one minute im hungry the next i feel like i could throw up at just the thought of food, i find now eating little and often works for me, i think the meds mess up your appetite a bit, so i wouldnt worry to much about it

I've definitely encountered some digestive / diet oddities while on citalopram. My strategy has been to pick up some high-protein snacks and have them around, ready to go. I am now good friends with protein bars, fruit smoothies, beef jerky, peanut butter, and trailmix And some whey powder added to this and that, which isn't as hideous as it sounds.

I have lost three pants sizes in the past two months. Part of it was my gym visits; once I discovered that the gym helps with anxiety, I became a regular! But I also think the initial citalopram side effects probably accounted for much of my weight loss. I have mostly welcomed it because I definitely needed to shed some flab, but watch out: there are reports of citalopram actually inducing anorexia. Because I really enjoy worrying about things (!), I put some thought into that. I worried if I might subconsciously be doing things to avoid eating so that I will get comments from people about how thin I look, or something? I have to admit enjoying the comments... but on the other hand, I really was flabby around the midsection! So it's all good.

Well anyway... I recently concluded that while I am glad about losing the flab, but that's only half of my fitness goal and I want to acquire some lean muscle mass. So I am working in the gym and also on my diet, and trying to think of ways to eat better and develop a better self-image about my physique. I've never really been really proud about my physique, why not see if I can do that now? So that is where I am now- body image has become part of my comprehensive wellness plan.

So, long story short, yes, citalopram can lead to all kinds of dietary issues. Consider the 'BRAT' diet if you are having a lot of short-term belly side effects, but I would also adopt a strategy of finding the right healthy snacks to ensure that you get the nutrition that you need, even when you don't feel like eating full meals. Do not let diet go to heck because you don't feel like full meals!

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had that with cit, it lasted about 5 weeks :( but my appetite is now back to normal.

I just ate little and often, it used to take me hours to eat a bowl of cereal as I had exactly the same problem you have.

Thread Information