Thread: Up days and Down days

Up days and Down days

Hi all
    This is a bit long-winded so bear with me please guys.

I started to come off my 10mg dose of Cipralex just over 2 months ago after a discussion with my GP (have been on it since about Sept last year); did a month on 5mg daily then a couple of weeks on alternate days and the last couple of weeks, one every third day. I took my last tablet exactly 3 weeks ago and all seemed well until last Thursday when I had a really down day; crying, exhausted and just generally a bit crap. Since then I've had some good days and some bad where I feel like I can't summon up the energy even to decide what I want for dinner, lol!

I'm not sure if this is the result of coming off the tablets (if it is, then why do I feel like this almost 3 weeks later?) or a delayed dose of general stress and anxiety from recent events (my sis was diagnosed with breast cancer in May, and a child of a close friend of mine has leukaemia).

I don't really want to go back on the medication so soon if it's gonna prove that this is just a blip but I don't want to leave it too long in case things get worse.

Anyone else had a similar reaction or can anyone offer any advice?

Re: Up days and Down days

I came off Cipramil in july, after a shaky month I started feeling bad and down again. Fearing I would go back to they way I where before I started taking the pills again. I restarted straight onto 20mg without consulting with my GP. That was the biggest mistake I have ever done, if I thought I was feeling down it multiplied 100x when I started the meds. It ended up with my GP swapping them with cipralex and lessening my dosage to 5mg

You ought to try counseling first to talk about your issue. If you still feel you need to restart Cipralex please discuss it with your GP first, and ease into the dosage. You should also mentally prepare yourself if you plan on taking them as you will get worse before you get better.

Good luck mate!

PS: Im now on week 4 on cipralex and I can finally see the light again, even if its very dim. But Im getting there

Thread Information