Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gallstones, what were your symptoms?

Re: Gallstones, what were your symptoms?

hi horse

i hope so i cant cope with htis much longer its getting me down, howlon did it take for you to feel better?

I suppose about 3 days before I felt some relief. it all depends on how bad it is I think, and we are all different of course. Don't get me wrong, they aren't a magic wand, it depends if you have any inflammation in your tum as this won't go overnight. I've noticed that I am a little better regarding acid pain is concerned (I'm prescribed 40mg Omeprazole in the morning) and the IBS is slightly better with the Buscopan. The best cure of course is not to get it in the first place but we know that's easier said than done. Also, the tabs are not long term so we can't take them for the rest of our lives naturally.

I know they say that diet and excersize helps and I'm sure that's true, but at the end of the day we need to stop the cause of the anxiety in the first place, and that is more difficult and sometimes impossible for us.

Feeling abit more worried today. Had a niggly windy feeling under my right rib, right side and low down on right, like wind in bowel and intestine, it just constantly bubbles:(( ibs?? It is wind but im worried its definatly gallstones:(( My gp said as it didnt hurt when he pushed around my liver then it was unlikely, that was last week. I now feel abit achy at times under that rib and im scared. Scan date is a few weeks off yet at least gp said:((

Any words of wisdom? Nothing seems to be going right for me:((

Jessica I get this wind pain all the time (and I mean daily). I can feel it moving violently around my ribs (in big loud judders) and all along my lower abdomen. I've been told it's IBS and to take Windeze capsules and antispasmodics which I do take. I also take the charcoal capsules to help absorb all the toxins which help a lot with the wind

Hi Jess . you got through the meds then ! My gp told me to give it another month after taking the helcobacter treatment , it is strong meds , give your body time to settle down hun , you'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by maybeoneday View Post
    im scared to take them incase they make me feel bad!! stupid i know, do you get the tight stomach that leaves you breathless?
    i am more windy though than heart burn so worried omeprazole wont work.
    denise x
    try gaviscon ....it reduces acid the same way

jessica

sorry your feeling unwell today, i think its a visous cycle the more we worry the more acid we get.
    this is realy getting me down, i feel absolutly drained today, my stomach soundslike a sludge pump..is this acid? wind? i dont know anymore.
    feel like im blocked from my throat to my other end is omeprezole going to get rid of this?
    i read about charcoal tablets cat80 do they work? i just want to feel well. not much to ask for is it!!!

do you think i could still be having wind and pain fron the helicobacter sbd treatment?

I constantly have a bubbly tum, but its mainly low down, really low down by knicker line and on the sides, and when i put my hand there i can feel the wind popping. My bottom also feels windy and popping:(( had those symptoms for months now:(( could that really be ibs?? Its mainly low on the right. The rib pain/wind started just last week.

jessica

have you tried wind ease or charcoal tablets? maybethey will help.
    if the pain is lower i would of thought it was ibs, thats where my pain used to be an i was diagnosed with ibs, i didnt take anything for it i got mine after i had cezarian( crap at spelling).
    wish i could pop !!feel like i need to burp or you no what to get rid of it.
    all i can eat is rich tea biscuits.
    was you very tired when you had helibactor? .
    oh andive just bought som e activia yoghurts see if they help

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaLil View Post
    I constantly have a bubbly tum, but its mainly low down, really low down by knicker line and on the sides, and when i put my hand there i can feel the wind popping. My bottom also feels windy and popping:(( had those symptoms for months now:(( could that really be ibs?? Its mainly low on the right. The rib pain/wind started just last week.
    Exactly the symptoms I get, I can sometimes push my belly low down and feel the wind popping. The charcoal capsules really help and have no side effects (other than sometimes black poop). You take 2 after each main meals and with 2 days the wind will be so much better. Costs me £2.99 for 100 capsules from Holland and Barrett, my Dr even said they are good and ok to take

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information