Thread: Ovarian cancer- Scared to Death!!

Ovarian cancer- Scared to Death!!

Hey everyone! I need some peace about this. I'm 35 and I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I am absolutely petrified that I have ovarian cancer. About 6 weeks ago I had right sided ovary pain for 2-3 days. I was mildly concerned but since the pain went away, I got over it. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. I started having pain with sex. Every single time. Then I started having some spotting. I take the mini pill but missed several doses the week before last bc I forgot to get it filled. In my mind, I thought the spotting was from that but not the painful sex.

So this past Monday I went to my Gyn. He did a pelvic exam and transvaginal ultrasound. He said everything looked ok and that I had my normal small cysts on both ovaries. I asked him about the possibility of ovarian cancer. He said he saw nothing that suggested cancer. I asked if it can be found on ultrasound. He said "most" of the time but that early stage was hard to detect but that I didn't need to worry about that because I'd have other symptoms, like GI.

Well on Tuesday I started with some bloating and so much gas. I'm still having it today. More gas than I've ever had in my life. And now I am petrified that I have it and it's too soon to detect. Someone help me feel better. I have a 3 year old little girl. I need to see her grow up!!

Re: Ovarian cancer- Scared to Death!!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Ovarian cancer- Scared to Death!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousJamie View Post
    Hey everyone! I need some peace about this. I'm 35 and I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I am absolutely petrified that I have ovarian cancer. About 6 weeks ago I had right sided ovary pain for 2-3 days. I was mildly concerned but since the pain went away, I got over it. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. I started having pain with sex. Every single time. Then I started having some spotting. I take the mini pill but missed several doses the week before last bc I forgot to get it filled. In my mind, I thought the spotting was from that but not the painful sex.

So this past Monday I went to my Gyn. He did a pelvic exam and transvaginal ultrasound. He said everything looked ok and that I had my normal small cysts on both ovaries. I asked him about the possibility of ovarian cancer. He said he saw nothing that suggested cancer. I asked if it can be found on ultrasound. He said "most" of the time but that early stage was hard to detect but that I didn't need to worry about that because I'd have other symptoms, like GI.

Well on Tuesday I started with some bloating and so much gas. I'm still having it today. More gas than I've ever had in my life. And now I am petrified that I have it and it's too soon to detect. Someone help me feel better. I have a 3 year old little girl. I need to see her grow up!!

Hi, it's normal to get cysts everyone does once a month actually and if they're small they will usually go on their own, if he can see small cysts I'm sure he'd be able to see a cancer, you've probably read the symptoms and now you're looking for them you are finding you have some bloating isn't on and off with ovarian cancer it's persistent and mimics the size of a pregnant ladies stomach - ovarian cancer doesn't usually show symptoms until it's quite advanced and you know you don't have that as you had a ultra sound! so don't worry about it, you've got no reason too xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information