Thread: stress

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

stress

I think i have worked out that my problems are more stress related than anxiety related...
    really hating the stresses of life right now, somedays i cant and just don't want to cope!

There was a friend at a party last night who makes you so jealous of her, pretty, popular, bubbly,a great job works and lives in london, a fab car, travelled..i just want to wake up like her!

makes sense?
    it's not that i hate being me,i dont have a terrible life dont get me wrong, i just hate who i have turned into.
    sarah

Re: stress

I think stress and anxiety go pretty well hand in hand.

When you are down - it seems that everyone else is having a fantastic time of things. I feel like that now - feel a right mess and uninterested in things. I have never felt so bad in my entire life but I just have to try and accept it.

My best friend was having a terrible time last year with breast cancer, she had to have a mastectomy, lost all her hair - in a very bad way, but now she looks fantastic, is booking a well deserved holiday and trying to help me as I looked after her last year.

Our turn will come - for all you know your friend may be feeling miserable. It is it true that material things do not bring happiness.

I can honestly say that if my husband brought me a new sports car this afternoon - I would not be any happier - nothing like that would help me at the moment.

So try not to let it bother you - and concentrate on what you are doing.

Good Luck

Laura x

Hey Sarah,

I think we all have some issues with the stresses of life and it's probably fairly 'normal' to feel some envy of others too. But remember, this person you refer to may also have her own issues to deal with and her bubbly, popular and pretty exterior may just be a facade or her 'defense mechanism' at work. We must not judge a book by it's cover but read into our own self and be thankful for what we do have and who we are. Stress and anxiety is very hard to deal with at the best of times, please don't put yourself down in the process...sure, we would all like to wake up without our worries and have the confidence we see in others....I'm sure there were people at that party who saw a totally different you compared to how you actually see yourself......we are all beautiful in different ways so let yours shine

Take care Kitti x

Hello Sarah. I don't know your friend but i'm pretty sure she didn't get given all them good things in life? I would assume she as worked pretty hard to get to where she is in her life. What i'm trying to say is you get out what you put in. If you want a better less stressful life then you need to put the hard work in to achieve your dreams.

Good luck

Darren

Yes all true comments, i am just one of those people that always envies others and what they have, it wasnt so much what she had, just how she was, she just 'ooozed' selfconfidence and happiness and i thought how much i want to be like that.
    I work hard, i have a pretty good life, a good upbringing etc,but never seem to feel 'happy',well not lately anyway.
    I understand life does throw things in our paths and we all have to deal with stress, but i just dont know how to deal with it! I get the shakes, i feel sick, i can't eat, im tired, i cant stop crying, i want to bury my head in a pillow and wake up when it has all gone.
    ggggrrrr
    thanks everyone, just having a 'down' period.
    sarahx

Thread Information