Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fear of Severe Weather and Tornadoes

Re: Fear of Severe Weather and Tornadoes

Scared out of my wits right now as they have my area under a 10% tornadoe probability for tomorrow now, with a hatched area which means Ef2 to EF5 tornadoes are possible withing 25 miles of a point and I'm right at the top of this area.

Really freaking out and scared and about to call of work even though I should not but I am scared....really really scared. This is hell right now, probably even worse later on when the storms are actually here...I'm so scared its not funny.

Now in a little less then an hour they will probably raise the risk of severe weather from slight to moderate....I am really going nuts now I am so scared.

Hello all and first of all of course everything went all right that day and I am fine (Nothing actually happened, making me feel like a fool...).

The Severe Weather & Storm Phobias website is underway and should be up and running in at least a skeleton form by the end of this month but I have started a Facebook page for it a bit early to get people aware of it's existence and to provide a place for comfort during severe weather events until then.

Please join if you are storm phobic, a weather expert sensitive to the page's special needs or a counselor or mental health offcial (Or just caring soul) who can help the afflicted through their fears.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Severe...57855810922539

I'm terrified as well I'm clinically deemed with Lilapsophobia (fear of severe weather) and Coulrophobia (A fear of clowns)
    I start panicking at the very thought of thunder and lightning and giant winds its hard to go through you start sweating and then you hyper ventilate and either cry or go into a rocking frenzy on the couch or floor were having a big storm right now with the house shaking and its basically tornadoes that scare me since we had 47 touch down one year and 50 touch down the other I even saw a grain silo roll across the road when driving.
    My fear started when I lived on the farm with my step dad we had a giant F4 touch down near our brick farmhouse I was never awoke I was forgotten in my bed I heard loud roaring I woke up and say grey and debris flying by my window I hid under my bed and stayed there. My dad had gotten my sister and the rest of the kids down stairs to the basement but me after the roaring stopped and everything calmed down I climbed back up and cried myself to sleep it didn't take the house but it gave me Severe PTSD from it now I cant even think of tornadoes or storms I'm terrified I know how you feel. As far as I'm concerned tonardoes can just f*** themselves

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information