Thread: Acid fear

Acid fear

As many will be aware, there has been an alarming rise of barbaric acid attacks on civilians in London. Whether it's gang warfare, hate crimes or just blind and savage copycat attacks, it's something which is becoming desperately alarming.

Personally, as a person who is not involved in gangs, I have not overly worried about the severity of these attacks, until recently. For some reason, my mind keeps playing dirty and worrying tricks on me. I keep getting intrusive thoughts, that my family or my girlfriend will be affected by these attacks. As my girlfriend is of Pakistani descent, I just keep worrying about this too.

Any advice? Should I be worried or am I overreacting? I know this is quite a serious phobia, or maybe it's not?

Re: Acid fear

Coming from someone that is paranoid a lot about being attacked, this seems like a rational fear to me. I too have worried about them and that people will get ideas the more they are publicized. The non rational part is letting it stop you from doing things. Even though there has been a lot in the paper about it they are still rare in comparison to the population. Try to see it like that. X

Thread Information