Thread: Pelvic and strange pain

Pelvic and strange pain

I'm 33 with 3 children. So I ovulated a week ago and it seemed the usual twinges and pain. But since the pain has just stayed and it feels like period pain in my pelvis and back. I'm also getting sharp pains in what feels like ovaries. And a strange pain/ache inside my vagina and rectum!!

I've constipated and my ibs have flared up too. I'm terrified I've got ovarian cancer that's spread to bowel and rectum 😣😣😣

My period is due next wk and I've never experienced this before.

Re: Pelvic and strange pain

I've had a lot of gynae related pains over the years before and after children and it always comes from my ovaries. It is possibly a cyst which usually goes away on its own. I often have pains the week before I'm due. I also have IBS (don't we all on here!) and the other pains you describe are more likely from that. it will put your mind at rest though to speak to a Doctor.

Feels very achy like period or early labour pain. I'm absolutely terrified it's cancer and spread everywhere and that's why the backache etc. Usually I get this 2 days max before my period. I'm so scared

Could be a kidney or bladder infection. Sounds more like it to me to be honest, if it's pelvic, back and vagina. I'd say drink some cranberry juice for a few days, usually helps me

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkling_Fairy View Post
    Could be a kidney or bladder infection. Sounds more like it to me to be honest, if it's pelvic, back and vagina. I'd say drink some cranberry juice for a few days, usually helps me
    I hadn't thought of this but its another real possibility, leave a sample in and see what comes of that. Give any pain (unless extreme) a few weeks and if it hasn't resolved itself go see your Doctor. I know how hard it is but sometimes it is the only thing that truly reassures me.

I'm having the same or similar issues at the moment. Pain in pelvis - left side, lower back pain, aching inside bottom, aching inside vagina. I'm terrified for the same reasons as you - ovarian cancer and its spread. I'm terrified. The pelvic pain radiates down my legs too.

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Hi there, I'm getting exactly the same symptoms and wondered if you'd got any answers? Booked in for a Gynae appointment on Monday, but so scared! Main symptom is strong ache - very low pelvis - feels like 'inside' - and very low back pain. Worried about Ovarian / Cervical cancers, though rational mind says possible cyst (which I've had before), fibroids or pelvic congestion. Anyone?

I have this and was just diagnosed with Pelvic Congestion Syndrome. I came here to do a search for others with the condition and this is the only thread that came up. :(

Thread Information