Thread: Fell asleep while needing a wee...now I'm in so much discomfort and very scared!!!

Fell asleep while needing a wee...now I'm in so much discomfort and very scared!!!

Hi,

I woke up at 5am, very desperate for the toilet, meant to get up but ending up falling back to sleep.
    I woke up about 7am (2 hours later, at least) near enough ready to wet the bed (I didn't, thankfully) but then when I tried to go, it was difficult and felt like I had to force it! :(
    and it's been like that ever since, slow stream, discomfort and burning and not passing much, feeling like I have to force it to go.

Now I'm worried I've done serious damage by holding it in for so long :( I couldn't get into the doctors and I'm terrified now :(

Anyone any ideas? Could I have burst my bladder or caused any damage?

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

Re: Fell asleep while needing a wee...now I'm in so much discomfort and very scared!!

You don't say whether waking in the early hours with a full bladder is normal for you? Or if you are prone to UTIs or cystitis etc, because the feeling of urgency might just have been a sign that you had a bladder infection starting, which has shown itself today. I wouldn't worry that there is any damage done though, a healthy bladder is designed to hold quite alot of urine and wouldn't be in any danger of bursting by holding it in.
    Last edited by Catherine S; 17-08-17 at 10:14.

Re: Fell asleep while needing a wee...now I'm in so much discomfort and very scared!!

Yeah, I go for a wee a lot normally, always waking up needing one, only now the
    Urgency has gone and I'm not needing a wee as much or passing as much water.
    It's so strange and I'm terrified :(

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

I've had the exact same thing happen to me recently! It completely freaked me out too. What I did was,after not passing much in the morning, drink more water than usual and just wait till the flow stabilised and returned to normal. It did return to normal,btw,and everything was fine from then on,so I'm pleased to tell you that nothing bad happened to me and nothing bad should happen to you either. ☺ I know it scares you,though,but I think any internal damage to your body would have caused more alarming symptoms and pain...

I had something similar happen to me after being too lazy to get out of bed to go. I regretted it in the morning. I had absolute terrible cramping in my bladder. Very uncomfortable. Let yourself heal by lying down and drinking warm liquids.

Thread Information