Thread: Cant get rid of hemorrhoids

Cant get rid of hemorrhoids

I've had them for about a month and a half now and the piles haven't really gone away. I'm young and in my 20s, so I'm not sure why I'm getting piles at this age. I've tried preparation H with not much help. I don't know what else to do as the irritation is constant. Can this be something else? I've noticed my stool has been on the soft side and comes in pieces.

Re: Cant get rid of hemorrhoids

You can get them at any age really. Mine started in my early twenties from lifting weights.

Look at the fibre in your diet, drink plenty of water. Try not to strain on the toilet, pretty much the no 1 reason why they happen (hence lifting weights and giving birth are common reasons for them).

If they are itching & stinging, salt water baths can help calm it down. Other than that try not to scratch, sitting on certain surfaces or for too long may aggravate them when they are their worst but you will get a feel for this, and treatments from a pharmacy like creams, supposities, etc can be tried. If they don't help, a doctor can prescribe stronger forms e.g. hydrocortisone versions (the foam one always worked best for me).

They can be common in those suffering a lot of stress or with anxiety, we tend to having GI issues to contend with and this can come along too.

I would ask your doc to prescribe you a stronger pile cream - the ones they sell behind the counter at the chemist aren't as good as the ones you can get from the doc x

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperpot View Post
    I would ask your doc to prescribe you a stronger pile cream - the ones they sell behind the counter at the chemist aren't as good as the ones you can get from the doc x
    I have already been using a hydrocortisone suppository for a week the doc gave me with not much help. I've also been using prep H with it as well. I can feel a sharp pain when I touch the outside of the anal region and it keeps coming back

It takes time. It took a while for medications to help me.

Have you looked at the other things you can do for prevention?

I've had roids for over 20 years now. But that doesn't mean they bother you and long term there are procedures anyway if they do. I find mine rarely flare up in the last 15 years, it was more at the start.

Thread Information